January 26, 2019
Happy Saturday! A quick Weekend Update from the NTA Offices!
Practice Notifications. With the impending weather this week, we have been able to get some additional workout time for the team on Monday, January 28. Please check the google calendar.
- Broad description of changes: SP/SHP 4-530p at NF; SA/JA 7-830p at WK; A8 7-815p at NF. Please check the Google Calendar for details.
- In the event of practice cancellation – we will post on social media and blast out emails, notifications and SMS text messages. Please make sure to verify your cellphone number to receive notifications. We try to get information out as soon as the facilities notify the staff.
Rick Peterson Build the Base Invite.
- We cannot accept any late entries at this time. If you will NOT be able to attend – please let your lead coach know.
- This is going to be our largest Build the Base meet! We are so excited to host such a great event. Coach Rick’s family will be there on Friday to address the meet and, at their request, a portion of our proceeds will kick off our Ted Mullin Hour Of Power fundraising efforts to benefit pediatric cancer research at University of Chicago. If you have photos of Coach Rick - please send them to Coach Katie at email@example.com so that we can create a slideshow.
- We will need everyone to volunteer to help make this meet run smoothly. It has been ingrained in my brain that when someone hosts an event – a wedding, a party, even book club – the expectation is that the guests should be welcomed into the event and not have to provide service to participate. I would like to see a similar concept applied to our meet as we welcome our community into our home pool. Please volunteer to help so we can make this a memorable experience for every athlete. Volunteer by clicking HERE.
- Due to time constraints on Sunday, all NTA athletes will compete in 2 events. Given that the events are of a longer nature, the coaching staff feels we can use this to our advantage and have QUALITY swims with ample recovery time. If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.
Conference & Regional Entries.
- Please make sure you have committed to both meets. Conference (NSSC) has closed, so any requests for participation need to occur asap as the NSSC meet is our last opportunity to qualify for Regionals. We cannot promise that late entries will be possible at this time.
- Regionals are for qualified athletes only. This can be determined by declaring for the meet and athletes with times in BLACK are eligible for entry and should declare for the meet.
- Regional entries are first done through the USA Swimming website and then manually transferred to the team website. Please be patient as that does take a fair bit of time to reflect accurately.
Adult Social – February 13 – Wilmette Wine Cellar.
- CLICK HERE for more information and to RSVP – it’s a great option to socialize with the coaches and other adults in the NTA family!
Fast Suit Policy.
- Technical or “Fast” suits are suits designed to compress muscles to promote both hydrodynamic movement and physiological recovery. We recommend that all athletes consider using a technical suit at Regional or higher levels of competition. The technical suit industry is a complex one, so we have a policy designed by our Director of Sport Performance, Matt Zachan, to help make this process a little easier!
- CLICK HERE for our technical suit policy.
- To order a “fast” suit – please contact Kelly Hallmark at Elsmore – firstname.lastname@example.org and she will help you out with NTA pricing and ordering.
Stay Warm and we look forward to seeing you at the pool on Monday to get ready for some great racing!