January 29, 2019
Dear GMA Families,
Congratulations to Lexi LaFountain for her GREAT effort at the Eastern Zone IM Xtreme Challenge Meet at the University of Maryland this past weekend. She achieved 4 out of 5 personal best times and represented GMA well! We are proud of Lexi for racing at the meet this year and we look forward to having a BIG group of GMA swimmers attend the meet next year!
As we look ahead to February and the completion of the short course season, we are excited for EVERY GMA swimmer to have the opportunity to race at the fastest meet for which they qualify so that EVERY one of our athletes has the best racing environment in which to achieve their season goals! We ask that every GMA family please review your family schedules and do what you can to prioritize the end-of-season meets that your children have qualified for. We want ALL of our GMA swimmers to attend EACH of the meets for which they are qualified and eligible to attend so that we can see outstanding personal improvement and we can have rewarding team experiences!
Please click HERE to review our PRELIMINARY NEW ENGLAND REGIONAL MEET ENTRIES.
Please click HERE to see more specific Regional Meet information linked on the main meet webpage.
EVERY GMA FAMILY is asked to PLEASE:
- Review the meet entries and be sure that all of the events and entry times are correct for your athlete.
- Please remember that athletes must have a time between the Regional cut-on and the Regional cut-off time in order to race at Regionals. Athletes who have qualified for fewer than 4 individual events may swim bonus events in order to enter up to 4 individual events for the meet.
- While the 13 and older swimmers now have the option of racing in 50 yard events for the Butterfly, Backstroke and Breaststroke; we do not intend to enter our GMA athletes in these events. The 50 stroke events are not offered at the higher level meets for 13 and older athletes. At GMA, for long term athlete development, we think that athletes benefit the most from racing 100 and 200 yard distances in their stroke events. 13 and older athletes who wish to race in 50 yard events must speak directly with their coaches in order to be entered in these events.
- If you are NOT planning to attend the Regional Meet, please review the entries to be sure that your athlete is not entered in the meet.
- Please respond back to this e-mail NO LATER THAN 5:00 p.m. TODAY, Tuesday 1/29/19 with any questions, changes or updates for your athlete.
- Please be aware that once the entries are submitted on Tuesday 1/29/19, we will be unable to change the entries in any way and you will be responsible for all of the associated meet fees for your athlete, regardless of their final attendance in the meet.
- Please note that the final GMA relay entries will be based on our team policy. We will place athletes on relays based on their personal best times and their attendance in the meet session in which each relay is held.
- Finally, any athletes who achieve NEW REGIONAL CUT TIMES at the GMA Vermont Invitational Meet this weekend will be able to swim these new events at the Regional Meet and will be entered into these additional events next week.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Laura Matuszak, Head Coach Green Mountain Aquatics