February 1, 2019
New This Year! Competitive vs. non-competitive
Welcome to the 2019 Rio Rapids swim season! We are excited to announce a new opportunity for all new and seasoned Rapids swim families that will be sure to provide your family the amount of swimming and flexibility for other events that are sure to take place this summer.
As always, our classic registration package offers your swimmer the competitive track to swim in all meets and events and our Championship meet in at the fast University of Pacific pool on July 20-21. The details include:
- Daily swim practices from April through July with the same cost of $290 (plus the 15$ league fee).
- As this is competitive swim team, your Rapids coaches maintain swimmer expectation is to attend most meets and championships on July 20th and 21st in Stockton,
- This involvement will be sure to improve your swimmer’s skills, meet new friends for life and have a fun and active summer at the pool.
- Parent requirements remain at 10 parent volunteer shifts plus 2 additional shift during Championship weekend.
(Incomplete shifts cost 50$ per shift, however there are hundreds of opportunities to get your shifts in to help your swimmer and help our team become a better, stronger, faster program!)
If it looks like a Competitive Rapid isn’t in the cards this summer, please consider our new non-competitive Track. Here, you are offered all the benefits of our amazing Rapids coaching staff and a taste of swim team life, without swim meet and championship commitments:
Session 1- April and May $299 for daily swim practices.
Session 2 June and July Cost $249 for daily swim practices through Championships.
· Swimmer expectation is to be able to participate in any and all Rapids practices and events, improve your skills, meet friends for life and have fun!
· As your swimmer is not eligible to swim in meets, there are NO parent volunteer requirements.
· Before June 15 th, your swimmer has the option to move to the Competitive Track, with no additional charge except the $15 league fee which is required to participate in meets.
· Parent will also then be responsible for volunteer shifts but they will be prorated.
We are beyond excited to offer these two tailored programs for our Rapids families. If you have any questions or would like to more information about the programs, please contact Coach Richard at email@example.com. See you in the pool!