January 31, 2019
Swimfo January 31st
We’re moving into championship season and I know some swimmers will be feeling the pressure. This blog post by “Changing the Game Project” is really, really good. It discusses how our children become the messages they hear most. Please read through it and write down the 5 messages that athletes need to hear most!! We’re not doing this just for fitness or just to win. Together we're working at building better people so when they experience adversity down the road, they’ll have learned from this experience and be robust, confident, and intentional human beings.
- Practice at Molalla today for Sprint (5:30 – 7:00) and Race, Train & Perform (5:00 – 7:00). Fitness practices at OC from 6:00 – 7:00 due to the HS swim meet.
- Fun Meet next Saturday Morning 9:00 – 10:50. This is a great opportunity for new swimmers to learn how a meet works and the team to work some kinks out of our electronic system. Race will still start practice at 8:00 and get an extended warm-up before racing. I'll be sending out the link soon.
- Save the dates: Tentatively the Swim-A-Thon will be on April 27th. Our team awards will be on July 30th.
- March 2nd– Donuts and Coffee Get Together: Everything you ever wanted to know about OCST, Team Unify, What’s a heat sheet? & more!
- We’ll switch to our Spring schedule on Monday, February 18thwhen HS swimming is over. You can get the OC Spring schedule HERE.
Let me know if you have any questions, concerns or ideas. We're consistently looking to learn and grow as well.