February 4, 2019
No changes to practice for tonite, Monday FEB 4th. Please make sure you leave early and drive slowly.
- The parking lot at the Central YMCA was a sloppy slippery mess today. Please drop kids off at the curb and be careful walking.
- We had a very good swim meet, especially from a team perspective as we ended up in 3rd place overall!!!
- We had several swimmers make their YMCA state qualifications and swimmers had a lot of fun! We also had some swimmers at their first ever USA meet, so that was very cool!!(Lucy H., Ethan E.)
- We had Brooke B. and Amelia A. compete in the 500 free for the first time and Emma Brammer compete in the 200 free and count all 8 lengths no problem!!
- Our team success is measured in many ways at each meet.
FYI & Coaching perspective:
- For some swimmers, (some who train 5-6x week & compete perhaps 2x month), this meet is a tough one as we see highs and some lows in terms of times and goals.... AND THAT IS PERFECTLY NORMAL, especially for kids who have been swimming their maxes per group(not missing any dryland or swim practices- every day has a specific focus esp from Blue I, Blue II and Seniors especially in terms of volume of training) ..
- If your athlete or even you (parent) think every swim or every meet will be a fast one...that is simply not going to happen.
- What I can say to families who are new to the rodeo & to our veteran parents is ....WE HAVE A PLAN; TRUST YOUR COACHES AND let the process unfold. We are beginning our PHASE of race preparedness, RACE PREP, and we will do things a little different at our workouts for the next several week for those heading to any Championship Meets.
- If you have any questions about your swimmer's capabilties, progress or any other questions, I would ask your swimmer's coach or just direct any questions to me, because all of the coaches are on the same page.
Tomorrow I will send some updates regarding the meets in February and a great article on:
"What type of Support Athletes Need" and 3 practical ways for parents to support their athletes.
SAVE THE DATE! : BREAKERS 2018-19 SEASON AWARDS BANQUET WILL BE SATURDAY APRIL 6TH AT THE GRAND TRAVERSE YACHT CLUB. POTLUCK & DJ. TIME TBD
COME TO YOUR SCHEDULED PRACTICE DAYS/TIMES ONLY:
- Lastly, we have set up the practice schedules per group.
- Please bring your swimmers to those allotted times only as have only certain lanes/ hour/coaches/day. Thanks for your understanding.
Have a great day!