February 4, 2019
Head Swim Coach - Premier Aquatics of Central Kentucky |
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Employment Type Part-Time
Under direction of the Premier Aquatics of Central Kentucky (PACK) Board, the head coach will be responsible for managing and operating all coaching aspects of the PACK swim team.
· Teach and demonstrate the values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility in all relationships and act as a positive role model.
· Plan, prepare for and conduct all team practices, 3 age/ability groups, 4-6 days/week in late afternoon and evening and on weekends. Includes stroke technique and development, endurance, strength, starts and turns, and dry land.
· Supervise, recommend for hire and evaluate assistant coaches.
· Work with assistant coaches to develop and implement appropriate training plans for all swimmers at all levels.
· Work with assistant coaches to maintain safety and consistent growth and development of every swimmer.
· Assist with development of schedules including practice and meet selection.
· Plan and prepare entries for all meets.
· Provide appropriate and constructive on-deck coaching during meets, including travel meets.
· Participate in meetings with peers, supervisors and support staff as requested.
· Facilitate effective communication with parents, swimmers, and other swim teams about everything related to the team’s operations.
Required Current Certifications:
· Must currently hold or be willing to obtain all certifications required by USA Swimming.
· Satisfactory background check and referral check.
· Some experience as a swim instructor, swim coach or competitive swimmer.
· Basic computer knowledge.
· Passion to invest in the growth and development of every swimmer and the team.
· Enthusiasm for working with children ages 6-18.
Premier Aquatics of Central Kentucky is a year-round competitive swim team offering high quality professional coaching and technique instruction for all ages and abilities. The mission of our team is to provide a fun and supportive environment in which to train, strengthen, and motivate young athletes as quality swimmers and responsible members of the community. Our Core Values are Proficiency, Togetherness, Growth, and Community.
We are a new USA certified swim club awaiting non-profit status, run by an elected Board of Directors who meet each month. All members are welcome at meetings and encouraged to be involved in team activities and fundraisers.
The above position will be open until suitable candidates are found with an anticipated start for May 2019.
For information about the team, please check out our website at swimpack.org or call Mike Porter at 269-369-1145
Interested applicants should please include a resume, cover letter, and list of references (as .pdf files) to TheSwimPack@gmail.com.