February 4, 2019
We have had an amazing kickoff to our 2019 General Registration. Since Friday, February 1st, we have 15 new families joining our team. WELCOME to the FUN TEAM! We also added 12 new sibling swimmers to returning families for a total to-date of 269 swimmers signed up! Incredible number for the start of February.
Our 2019 Mini Dolphins sold out by noon on the 1st, and we only have 31 Competitive spots left. There are 47 swimmers who swam with us in 2018 who remain unregistered. If you are one of these families, please do not delay if you want to swim with us this summer. We cannot take more than 300 to the team-Minis and Competitive combined. Register ASAP to secure your spot!
Please take some time to look around the website, especially if you are a new family. Our Meet Schedule is HERE, our Practice Schedule is HERE. Make sure you log in so you can view content hidden to the public-in particular, the content under the Parent tab which contains a lot of useful information. Also connect with us on Social Media. We are HERE on Facebook-Wellington Dolphins Swim Team. There is a Closed Group on Facebook-Wellington Dolphins Swim Team Parents you can ask to join. A GREAT place to ask questions and get help from the "elders". IMPORTANT-if you follow us on Facebook, or join the Parent group, make sure you click like or comment on occasion to ensure we show up in your feed. If you're a Twitter user, you can find us on Twitter as WDSwimTeam.
In the upcoming weeks please be on the lookout for the following:
- Information about some social events including a Spring "get to know everyone" Picnic. We will need volunteers!
- Requests to review Swimmer Rosters posted under the Parent tab. We post roster lists so families can ensure we have your swimmer information correct. You can find that page HERE. These lists will be updated every few weeks as registrations come in. If you find a mistake, send us an email with the necessary correction.
- For teen swimmers looking for a volunteer/helper/intern Coach position, applications will open on March 1st. Check this page HERE for information on Coach jobs.
- Volunteer sign-up sheets will be available to registered families on April 1st. Information about Volunteer policies, the jobs and descriptions can be found under the Parent tab.
- Meet sign-outs will begin after May 1st when the team roster is full. Please look at the meet schedule and take note of any meets you will not be able to attend. Remember that Competitive swimmers are expected to participate in Meets, and must participate in a minimum of 2 of the 6 Dual Meets to participate in Divisionals. This is a PWSL rule.
- More emails with information-we promise we aren't trying to annoy you with emails. We want everyone informed, so please take time to read everying thoroughly and feel free to ask questions if you don't understand something. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Someone will typically respond quickly.
- If you need to mail us a registration check, please make sure you send it to our Post Office Box, NOT the physical pool address. Wellington Aquatic Club P.O. Box 482, Manassas, VA 20108
We also want to thank EVERYONE for what this team has become. Wellington truly is the FUN TEAM and we are proud of that. We have great Coaches, and WONDERFUL families who truly love being Dolphins and it shows. Plus, THE ONLY TEN LANE POOL IN THE PWSL-we love our pool!