Background-image
Sponsors
January 15th Board Meeting Minutes

 

MCSC BOARD MEETING MINUTES

Tuesday, January 15, 2019

The meeting was called to order at 6:06 by president, Nathan Hehr.  Nathan Hehr, Jon Buseman, Lisa Cole, Yvonne Degraw, Amy Halverson, Sara Korthals, Aggie Lien, Matt Murray, and Brian Stroup were present.

Reports

Report from NIS/Coaching Update – We gained a swimmer last night.  We had a few swimmers return recently.  We currently having a girl doing the trial.  There are 13 swimmers signed up for the BLAST meet.  Matt will be the coach.  We have two swimmers that were chosen to be a part of Team Iowa to participate in the Midwest All Star meet in Nebraska.  There are 13 or 14 swimmers signed up for the NST meet.  Both Matt and Lisa will coach.  We have some swimmers qualified for Silvers so far. 

Treasurers Report – There is $10,117.64 in savings and $5,855.10 in checking. W2’s are out.  We will keep the same budget for 2019.  Amy made a motion to approve the report with a second from Lisa.

Secretary Report – Lisa made a motion to approve the minutes with a second from Matt.

Team Suits/Pictures –The pictures turned out nice.  We felt the photographer did a good job.  We made $78 from the pictures ordered.  Everyone seemed to enjoy the Christmas party meet.

Swimming Safe Sport – Jon is going to reach our and see what is all involved with this.

Summer Practice and Home Meet – Nathan will talk to Eric about how to go about getting times and dates arranged.

Fundraising/Swim-a-Thon – Brian will get in touch with Pizza Ranch and Taco Johns to get more details on possible doing fundraisers at those businesses.

Sara has the Swim-a-Thon packets to hand out.  We set a goal for $2,000.  The event will take place on February 19th.  We have two weeks to fundraise.  Sara will generate a letter to provide information about the Swim-a-Thon. 

We made $617.92 from the Culver’s fundraiser.  We should be able to do two of those a year.  Everyone enjoyed volunteering at the Culver’s fundraiser. 

Domain Ownership – The NIS domain ownership was up for renewal.  Nathan took care of this. 

Summer Meet – Ben Newell’s aunt donated $100 toward the meet.  Splash will be the meet vendor.  Jon has agreed to shadow for the Meet Director position.  Yvonne has both of the club’s laptops in her possession. 

Scholarships – We received a gift for scholarship swimmers. 

Fliers for the Schools.  The best time to get them out at this point will be June.  We will come a with a plan for this at the next meeting. 

Banquet – Brian talked with the Prime & Wine.  Both March 1st and 2nd are available.  We would pay 60% of the cost for the food.  A $250 deposit is required.  That amount will come off of the bill.  It was decided that we will go with the Prime & Wine on March 1st

New Pool Update – We are to contact Barry Anderson if anyone would like to be on a committee for the potential new pool. 

Next Board Meeting – The next meeting will be held on Tuesday, February 12th at 6:00 PM.

Respectfully Submitted,  Amy Halverson