February 12, 2019
INDIANA COACH EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS IN 2019
2019 Indiana Swimming Coach Mentorship Program
In 2019 the Indiana Swimming Coach Mentoring Program will be a multi-tiered program for our Indiana Coaches. It is our vision to create environments that mirror objectives of programs that offer education and interactive learning along with interaction with experienced LSC Leaders & Elite Coach Mentors in “Live” Coaching environments.
These coach mentoring opportunities are offered in both a clinic learning environment and a live on deck competitive & training environment in local, regional & national locations.
- Coach Career Development Program (4 coaches will be selected with the objective of immersing themselves in learning classroom concepts & real coaching implementation)
- High Performance Clinics (Travel support will be available to coaches to attend some of the country’s most prestigious clinics to interact with a mentor coach and share the concepts learned from program presentation materials from Age Group to Elite)
- Indiana Swimming Program & USA Swimming Swimposium Educational Clinics. ((Travel support will be available to coaches to attend presentations by USA Swimming’s Swimposium speakers & educators along with a LSC or Club Head Mentor Coach. The Indiana Regional Location will also offer coaches to interact with their club staffs and LSC peers throughout the day’s activities)
2019 INDIANA COACHES CLINIC
Friday April 12th & Saturday April
Fishers High School
13000 Promise Road | Fishers, IN 46038 Fishers Indiana
Official Flier, Schedule & Speaker Bios
Jim Sheridan: Head Coach Greensboro College in Greensboro NC. Former Columbus IN Head High School Coach & Donner Swim Club Head Coach
- Topics: College Recruiting “What Coaches Need to Know” & “How to Develop a Successful High School Program & Championship Culture”
Megan Oesting: Owner Head Coach of Eastern Iowa Swimming Federation
- Communication In and Out of the Pool
- How do we stay connected and engaged in the coaching conversation that builds the relationship you want with your athletes? What does effective listening look like for the athlete, for the coach? How do you have a conversation with someone that you can’t “talk” to you?
- Technical Progressions for Age Group Swimmers
- How to create each stroke step by step through images and analogies that relate to movement and flow through the base components. What are the starting points, priorities, and common misunderstandings in teaching each stroke?
- Developing Coachable Athletes
- How do we foster an environment that develops interested, engaged and invested athletes who are excited about growing in practice and performing in meets? What conversations promote agency and increase intrinsic motivation so that the coach and the athlete can work together for a common goal?
Rick Walker: Head Coach Southern Illinois University & Former Open Water National Team Coach
- Open Water Coaches Clinic & Open Water Pool Clinic for Athletes
- *Separate Registration for Athletes attending the Open Water Pool Clinic will be placed on the ISI Camps Page by March 1.
John Leonard: Executive Director of the American Swimming Coaches Association
- Dryland Training for Swimmers of All Ages (Friday Night April 12)
& PARENT EDUCATION AT
SENIOR STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS
“What Parents & Coaches Need to Know”
Saturday March 16 & Sunday March 17,
Pike High School Cafeteria
Featuring Joel Shinofield: USA Swimming Managing Director of Sport Development
Click Here To See Topics & Program Flier
- Parents: March 16 & 17 (8:00am-8:45am) followed by Q&A (*Same Presentation Material Each Day)
- Coaches: March 17 (between
P&F) in the Coaches Hospitality Room
25 Coaches are invited to a “Think Tank”
Monday March 18 from 11a-1:00p
Pan Am Plaza Building 2nd Floor Meeting Room
201 S. Capitol Ave, Indianapolis, IN 6
Hosted by USA Swimming’s Joel Shinofield
See Agenda & Flier
First 25 Coaches to Respond Will Be Accepted
RSVP to Tony Young email@example.com by March 17
"Introducing" GoSwim Video
Super Group for Indiana Coaches
(EZ WAY to sign up)
GoSwim has created a "super group"
(Training Group) for Indiana Swimming to
share educational / technique content to all the
850 + coaches in the Indiana LSC.
This program is completely free and allows Indiana Swimming
to share one GoSwim video clip (lesson) per day to all Indiana LSC coaches.
Participation is 100% opt in, and
coaches are free to turn off notifications. Under this
arrangement with GoSwim,
Indiana Swimming will be able to create their own short clips for sharing with all 850+ coaches at once.
NEW EZ Way to Sign Up: CLICK HERE & add your email address
Save the Date: September 28, 2019
Hosted in conjunction with the
Indiana Swimming House of Delegates
More Information as it becomes available.