February 27, 2019
On February 22nd - 24th, 81 of LHY’s 12/unders competed at the NJ YMCA 12/under State Championships at the Ocean County YMCA in Toms River, NJ. They achieved 236 best times.
Event Champions were:
- Lianna Pron: 10/u 100 back
- Grace Hill: 10/u 100 breast
- Sophia Yousuf: 11/12 200 IM
- 10/Under Girls 200 Medley of Lianna Pron, Grace Hill, Serena Dickey, and Jessica Tsang
Swimmers that placed in the top 8 in their individual events were:
Jessica Tsang, Lianna Pron, Grace Hill, Sophia Yousuf, Anna Kilponen, Lauren Brindle, Olivia Jastrzab, Tyler Roer, Jianna Sartorio, Serena Dickey, Victoria Zjawin, and Calvin Chen.
Relays that placed in the top 8 were:
- 11/12 Girls 200 Medley of Sophia Yousuf, Victoria Zjawin, Anna Kilponen, and Lauren Brindle placed 8th
- 11/12 Boys 200 Medley of Connor Johnson, David Xu, Calvin Chen, and Tyler Roer placed 7th.
- 11/12 Girls 200 Free of Olivia Jastrzab, Lauren Markowitz, Lauren Brindle, and Sophia Yousuf placed 4th.
Swimmers that achieved Eastern Zone Qualifying Times at States were:
Lauren Brindle, Zoe Davies, Olivia Jastzrab, Connor Johnson, Anna Kilponen, Lianna Pron, Tyler Roer, Jessica Tsang, Emily Voloshin, and Sophia Yousuf. Joining them at Zones is Serena Dickey and Ryan Zhang.
The 10/u Girls finished 1st for the second year in a row! The girls combined score has us 1st, the boys are 8th, and combined we are 5th going into the 13/older states in March.