March 1, 2019
Thank you to the parents who helped organize and execute the Championship Season pizza party last night and good luck to our swimmers who will begin competition tonight at Divisionals. The next three weeks are a culmination of a huge amount of hard work and dedication by our swimmers. They should all be excited to begin the Championship Season and filled with hope and optimism.
This is also a big weekend for you too, our parents, who have stepped up many times this season and undoubtedly will do so again this weekend, as we host Divisionals at North Central. WTSC meets are among the best in the state and it’s because of your time and energy that we so greatly appreciate. So, for one more weekend, put your best foot forward and help us run another quality event.
Regarding worker sessions, please visit the job signup prior to this weekend to confirm your shifts and review the details for your shifts (start time, end time, etc.). And for the meet in general, the warmup and session start schedule is as follows:
· Friday (all ages) – 3:30pm warmup; 5pm meet start
· Saturday & Sunday Prelims (11&older) – 6:45am warmup; 8am meet start
· Saturday & Sunday Finals (11&older) – 2:15pm warmup; 3:15pm meet start
· Saturday & Sunday 10&Under – 11:30am warmup; 12:15pm meet start
Below are a few additional important facts about the meet. Please review these carefully so your swimmers are up to speed prior to arriving at NC.
· All Friday night events are timed finals, as are all 10&Under events. All 11&Older relays are timed finals, swum in the prelims session. And the 11&Older 1650 Free is timed finals with the fastest 8 seeded swimmers racing in the finals session. All 1650 swimmers outside the top 8 will swim in prelims.
· All 11&Older events swum in the Saturday and Sunday prelims sessions are prelim/final, with the fastest 16 swimmers in each event in prelims qualifying for finals. No scratching from finals is allowed without first consulting with a member of the coaching staff.
· There are stiff penalties for missing events at Divisionals, including being scratched from your remaining events on that day or being scratched from your remaining events for the entire meet! Bottom line, swimmers need to get to the blocks on time.
· All Divisional qualifiers who attend last nights’ party received their black Championship Team T shirt. If you were not at the party, see your group coach to get your T shirt. All WTSC swimmers are strongly encouraged to wear these shirts on the awards podium!
· We have a new batch of red WTSC caps in stock – latex and silicone. If you need new caps, please see your group coach. Caps cost $5 for latex, $10 for silicone and will be billed to your account.
· This meet is speed suit friendly. Swimmers who own speed suits should wear them freely for any or all races. Swimmers without speed suits or who are choosing not to wear them should wear their WTSC team suit or a plain black suit. Any color WTSC caps are acceptable this weekend; red caps are encouraged.
· If you have any last-minute questions about worker sessions or signups, please contact Jennifer Buddenbaum. And if you have any last-minute questions about entries or events or meet procedures, please contact your swimmer(s) group coach.
Once again, thank you WTSC families and parents for giving so much to the club. We couldn’t do it without you and we’re looking forward to one more great weekend of hosting. And good luck swimmers at Divisionals. You’ve worked hard for these races and these moments, so make them count. Have fun and swim FAST.
Thank you for all your support and as always, GO WTSC!
Coach Josh Saylor