March 2, 2019
Twenty Hammerheads raced at the MVS SCY Championships in Wichita, KS. Our team sprinted to 91 best times, 63 finalists, three team records, one Bonus Champ cut, four Champ cuts, one Sectional Bonus cut, and one new Sectional time. Way to go NLU! On to the highlights…
80% Best Times or Better
- Tyler Briggs (11/13) 85%
- Clay Pilliard (8/9) 89%
- Kemper Roberts (11/13) 85%
- Jack Stanley (11/13) 85%
- 13-14 Women 400 Free 8th - Hanson, Kindle, Hays, Adams
- 13-14 Men 400 Free 5th - Pilliard, Briggs, Stammler, Smith
- 13-14 Men 400 Medley 5th - Stammler, Pilliard, Briggs, Smith
- Brayden Adams placed 7th in the 100 back with a team record, made her Sectional Bonus cut in the 200 breast with a 10 second drop, and raced to finals in the 50 free and 200 IM.
- Alex Briggs sprinted to finals in the 1000 free, 100 fly, and 200 fly, cutting 7 seconds in his 200 fly.
- Tyler Briggs dominated the butterfly and IM events - taking gold in the 50 and 100 fly, and gold in the 100 and 200 IM - then earning gold in the 100 back, and making top-8 in the 100 and 200 freestyles.
- Isaac Dierker raced to an 8 second drop in the 1000 free, and got his Champ cut and top-8 in the mile.
- Grace Hanson cruised to finals in her 200 breast.
- Olivia Kindle sprinted to her Champ cut in the 1000 free.
- Patrick Lee dropped a huge 21 seconds in his 1650 free, made a Bonus cut in his 500 free, and raced to finals in the 200 fly.
- Roman Lewis returned to finals in all of his events, making top-8 in the 50 free, 50 back, 50 breast, 50 fly, 100 IM, and 200 IM.
- Kemper Roberts showed up to race: he is the 100 breast champion with a 7 second cut, raced to silver with a 7 second drop in the 200 IM, made silver in his 100 IM, 200 IM, and 50 breast, and sprinted into the top-8 of the 200 free, 100 back, and 100 fly.
- Camille Schear took home a pair of bronze medals in the 200 and 500 freestyles, cut over 8 seconds in her 100 breast for 5th, and returned to race finals in the 100 free and 50 fly.
- Carson Smith fought to the top-8 in the 100 fly, and made finals in the 50 free.
- Henry Snider sprinted to finals in his 200 breast.
- Eli Stammler chopped 31 seconds off his 1000 free, grabbed a Champ cut in the 200 IM, and made finals in the 200 fly.
- Jack Stanley sprinted his way to three bronze medals in the 50 back, 100 back, and 100 breast, and made finals in his 50 breast, 100 IM, and 200 IM.
- Hannah Stewart battled into top-8 in the 50 free and 100 free, and made it back to finals in the 200 free and 100 IM.
- Makayla Swigert cruised to a bronze in the 100 fly, and made top-8 in the 100 free, 200 free, and 500 free, and made finals in the 50 free.
New Team Records
- 13-14 Girls 100 Back - Brayden Adams (59.91)
- 9-10 Boys 100 Fly - Tyler Briggs (1:09.63)
- 13-14 Boys 400 Free Relay - Pilliard, Briggs, Stammler, Smith (3:37.45)