March 4, 2019
Good morning Stingray Nation! WOW! What a swim meet! The Stingray Girls finished 2nd, the Stingray boys finished 4th and the team finished State Runner-Up overall!!! So many incredible swims, records broken, winning relays and SO MUCH FUN! The coaching staff couldn’t be more proud of the energy, effort and enthusiasm that our Stingray Swimmers brought to the pool deck this past weekend. The cut chain was in full effect both Saturday and Sunday! We now have 34 swimmers moving on to the Zone Meet in Columbus, OH on March 15-17. Way to go Stingrays!
- If your swimmer did not qualify for the
Zone Championships, your season is now
complete. We congratulate you on a job well
done and we will see you for Spring Tune Up (or our March stroke
clinic if you have signed up for that!)
- We have March Clinics that start tonight (sign up at the YMCA, info can be found here).
- Spring Tune up will start on April 8 and continue through May 24. More info can be found here. Spring tune-up is more intensive than March Clinics, and is divided by our five traditional groups (Miniray through Senior) but still focuses on technique and maintenance.
- If your swimmer qualified for the Zone
Championships, we have now moved on to age group practices for Zone
and National Kids only. ALL WEEKDAY PRACTICES ARE AT NORTH FARMINGTON. The
schedule can be found
- Zone Swimmers – please ensure that you have provided your t-shirt size to Adam Bayer at firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP.
- Zone Swimmers – the Zone Fire-Up dinner will be next Wednesday, March 13 at Crispellis. Please RSVP to Dannette Mateyak at email@example.com. Swimmers are free and non-swimmers cost $18 each.
- ALL SWIMMERS and their families are invited to the Awards Banquet on Wednesday, April 17 at Glen Oaks Banquet Center. You will be getting a link shortly to sign up. Swimmers are free, and parents and other non-swimmers may attend for a fee (generally around $22-$25 per person, but stay tuned for an exact amount). If you do not RSVP, your swimmer will not receive awards for the season unless you specifically request them by the RSVP deadline.
And we’re so pleased to announce the FINAL winners ofSwimmer of the Week Award for the season:
Miniray: Evelynn Howe
Bronze: Ananya Saravanan
Silver: Emily Saleh
Gold: Tarun Miryala
Senior: Daniel “I’m always laughing on the inside” Xu
This week in the pool:
For this week, we will begin preparation for Y Zones. Stroke mechanics, Starts, turns, finishes and relay exchanges will all be a central focus of our training sessions. The overall goal here is to focus on the little things, work on timing, reaction, and racing! Rest is key during the next 11 days, so make sure you are eating healthy, drinking lots of water (no more pop!), and getting a full night of sleep. If you have a full list of events for Y Nationals, we still have some heavy training to do, so get ready for a tough week!
Have a great week, Stingrays!