March 4, 2019
Dear Swim Fort Lauderdale Members,
I am pleased to share that our club has received the Safe Sport Recognized Club status. We are committed to providing a safe, healthy, and positive environment here on our team, and we have received recognition for all of our efforts to this end.
Through USA Swimming’s Safe Sport Program, we submitted our Athlete Protection Policies, safeguarding procedures, and educational engagement, including
- Our travel, electronic communication, and anti-bullying policies;
- Our team honor codes and codes of conduct;
- The processes by which we recruit and train staff;
- Our communication procedures;
- And our efforts to educate about Safe Sport, abuse prevention, and healthy boundaries.
You may find all of these on our SFTL website under the Safe Sport tab.
Thank you to all of you who participated also.
All of these items were reviewed by USA Swimming Safe Sport staff. Our Safe Sport Recognized status will run for 2 years, after which time we will be eligible to renew by reviewing all of our policies and procedures again.
We are excited to have achieved this milestone and demonstrate our commitment to providing a Safe Sport environment on this team. Please contact the coaching staff or FLAC administrative staff with any questions.