March 4, 2019
Ottawa Dolphins Finish 5th Overall out of 10 Teams
The Ottawa Dolphins competed in the 2018 Northwest Junior District / District Championships March 1-3, 2019 at the Illinois Valley YMCA in Peru. There were a total of 577 swimmers that competed from 10 teams. The Dolphins sent 58 swimmers to the meet in individual and relay events.
We had 160/298 personal best swims or 54%!. As a team, we dropped 413.68 seconds from the 298 events. We had 3 swimmers swim all of their events in personal best times. They are Paige Marks, Nolan Perry, and Owen Phillips.
Age Group Team Awards
- The 8&under girls finished third in their age group.
- The 8&under boys finished second in their age group.
- The 10&under boys finished third in their age group
- The 21&under boys finished third in their age group
Junior District Champions
- Cici Burke - Girls 6&U 50 free
- Tucker Ditchfield - Boy’s 12&U 200 IM
- Tommy Fultz - Boys 8&U 25 Back
- Kaiden Lemke - Boys 8&U 25 Free
- Gabe Marini - Boys 10&U 50 Fly
- Jack Williamson - Boys 12&U 50 Free
- Ricky Wright - Boys 12&U 200 Free
- Addisyn Budnick - Girls 8&U 25 Back
- Joey Ovanic - Boys 21&U 100 Fly
- Adam Swanson - Boys 10&U 50 Back
Individual Team Records
- Boys 21&Under Age
- 100 Back– Joey Ovanic (53.69) broke Jordan Ovanic's (54.60) record from 2018.