March 5, 2019
Gulf Champ Meet Highlights!
Terrapins took a small but mighty group to the Pearland Senior Champs meet. This was the end of the season meet for the older swimmers on Gold and Silver. The freezing warm up pool and over chlorinated competition pool didn't stop the Terrapins from success!
- Brantson Bui as he has done all season long nailed every event with best times. He dropped 5 seconds in the 100 breast, 3 in the 200 breast, and broke the minute barrier in the 100 fly. His breast time would have placed him 5th overall. Brantson is one of the most competitive swimmers on the team - great effort!!
- Erin Ware sped to 3 best times in the 100 breast, 200 breast and 50 free! She looked a little sluggish in the morning, then she took her little nappy, and had some juice and went crazy at night! She dropped 3 seconds in the 100 breast down to 1:10, and 11 seconds in the 200 breast! she would have been in the top 5 in both events. Erin became the fast female breaststroker ever at the Terrapins!
- Colin Wegner got into the finals mania with great swims in the 100 & 200 breast, and 200 IM. He has made huge strides in the last year. He won the heat in the 200 breast dropping 4 seconds! His 100 would place him in the 6th overall. Awesome!
- Breanna Nguyen consistent as ever was tough in the 100 and 200 back as well as the 100 breast! She won the final heat in the 100 back and was back to her best in the 100 breast. She is a great racer and wasn't about to get beat!
- Canyon Neundorfer kicked up a storm in the 50 and 200 free. He went out like a maniac and finished strong. He had a strong first half in the 200, and one he saw the competition, he crushed them like a little bug! Splat!
- Hannah Zwerneman has been dealing with some heath issues but battled through the pain to post a strong 100 free and 100 back time. Her dolphin kicks have improved a great deal and she was leading into the 3rd length.
This was a very strong finish to a busy season for these swimmers. They have been training well all season long waiting for this moment. Time to enjoy the break and stay in shape and get back to work for the long course season.