March 6, 2019
HCAP Prelim Final Invitational
This is the tune up for the champs meets to follow. Several swimmers are just off their HS region meet, and others are drooling for the opportunity to prepare for the big time.
- Colin Wegner lead the way winning the 100 breast, and dropping 6 seconds in the 200 free breaking the 1:50 barrier. He hit 100% best times and showed his toughness in the finals.
- Erin Ware was nearly 100% placing in 3 events and huge improvements in the 400 IM, 200 back, and 200 IM. Her breaststroke gets better every meet. She is really tough in finals!
- Camillia Samson hit 100% best times placing in both the 100 and 200 breaststrokes. She also hit big drops in the 200 free, and 100 back.
- Triton Nguyen finaled in every event with 7 best times! Triton grabbed 2nd in the 100 free and breast, and 3rd in the 500 and 200 free. He's really fun to watch gunning down those 12 year olds!
- Breanna Nguyen was tough as nails placing in all events grabbing points in the 400 IM, 100 & 200 back, and 200 IM. She is so tough in finals - wouldn't want to be next to her!
- Aldercy Bui snagged big points and got back to finals in every event. She improved her 100 fly and 200 IM, placing 2nd. She has all the tools to be a superstar in the swimming world.
- Brantson Bui continues to compete at the highest level. Scored in every event - and hit nearly 100% best times - as usual! He placed 2nd in the 400 IM, 4th in the 200 IM, and 5th in the 100 free, and 200 breast.
- Kyler Cao went crazy with 100% best times, dropping huge chunks of time - 5 sec in the 100 breast, 15 in the 100 back, and 8 in the 200 IM. His improvements have been outstanding. Hard work pays off!!
- Bekah Lindblade in her last meet, placed in the 200 breast and 200 IM with her best time. She will be missed as she has been a mainstay of the Terrapins for years. Best of luck!
Hitting best times is what it's all about. Racing fast and getting back to finals and racing faster. Outstanding performances by all!!