March 6, 2019
Cruising at Gulf Champs II
The Texas Terrapins had huge performances from their squad at Champs II in Magnolia. Swimmers raced well and improved their times strokes and turns. They look better and better each time they swim.
- Kylie Blake crushed it as she sped to 100% best times. She swam and won the 200 fly in her first attempt! She placed in the 100 fly, and improved in all her free, back, and IM events. Awesome!
- Alec Condo fresh out of high school districts, blazed to 100% best times, working on his new stroke! He dropped near 30 seconds or better in the 500 free, 200 back and breast. Not too shabby for his end of season meet.
- Angelina Tung raced like she had a motor! She hit 2 best times in the 200 IM and 200 breast, and had outstanding swims in the 100 free and back. She just keeps on truckin'!
- Mandy Mestayer another 100% best timer, had crazy fast swims in the 100 IM, 100 back and 50 fly. She has gotten better every month with her super attitude and hard work.
- Alden Moultrie showed that she was ready to rock with best times in the 200 free, 100 breast, and 200 IM. She is another swimmer that improves each meet because of her consistency and hard work at practice.
- Dana Ferrero D'Ambrosio finished her season in outstanding fashion, placing 6th in the 50 fly, and hitting best times in the 100 IM and free. She has had a terrific season.
- Kira Ferrero D'Ambrosio was up to the task with 100% best times dropping 7 seconds in the 200 IM, and super swims in the 200 breast and 100 free. She is a tough cookie!
- Jacey Condo grabbed best times in the both the 50 and 500 freestyle events. She was right at her best in all other events, as always! She is dangerous at every meet giving suburb efforts.
- Triton Nguyen mixed it up with the big boys! At 11 he's giving up almost a foot to each of his competitors. He doesn't care, as he nailed 4 best times placing in 4 events with dance fever. He was 7th in the 50 breast, 6th in both fly events and 5th in the 50 back - remarkable as always!
All these swimmers have been working hard all year to improve their strokes and race strategies and performance levels. They are the future of TTST and are just scratching the surface or greatness. Great job!