March 10, 2019
Aloha Aulea Members,
Great job to everyone on day one at JAG’s! Aulea swimmers made 55 new PB’s in 70 races (almost 80%) and achieved 15 new AA and 4 new AAA times. Leading the charge were Puna Blair (100 back, 200 free), William O’Donnell (200 free) and Walker Slay (200 back) who all made new AAA times qualifying them to compete in Maui this summer. Way to go everyone and best of luck on day 2 tomorrow. Aulea is in a tight race for the overall team victory and with a great day tomorrow we can make that happen.
Here is your weekly news:
- Congratulations to our senior sectional team of Alana Barthel, Thomas Caps, Luke Faurot, James Lyon, Jen Reiter, Jon Reiter, Kai West and Zack West who will be departing for Federal Way, WA on Tuesday night to compete from 03/21-03/24 at one of the most prestigious sections in the country. I will be travelling with them and we can’t wait to see how our swimmers respond to this exciting new environment. Good luck athletes!
- There will be a Saturday morning practice (03/16) for our Age Group Regionals squad from 7:30-9:00 AM at Le Jardin Academy. Please plan on being there!
- Polar Bear club pizza party and bag tag distribution will be held Monday (03/11) night from 620-645. Swimmers who won polar bear club awards will be released early for this special occasion! Please see below for a link to all polar bear winners. As in years past, if you think that your swimmers should be included and they are not, please email me and we will add them to the list. We do our best to make sure we get everyone on the list but due to the high amount of data entry to compile these attendance lists, sometimes we miss someone. Thanks for your patience in this matter. Here is the link: https://www.teamunify.com/hiasc/__doc__/polar%20bear%20winners.pdf
- No Morning practice this week.
- We WILL be practicing spring break week however only Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. As we put the finishing touches on short course season before moving in to long course waters we will take 03/21 and 03/22 OFF. Please mark your calendars for this.
Thanks for taking the time to read this email. A special thank you to our parent crew today for setting up tents, officiating, running awards and handling announcing responsibilities. We will need one or two folks to help with meet breakdown tomorrow if you are able to stay a little bit longer at the end of the meet. Aulea was WELL REPRESENTED on all fronts today and once again proved why our parent group is tops in the state!
Happy Streamlines and Gooooo Aulea,