March 11, 2019
I hope everyone had a great weekend! Please read through this week’s email for important Reno Aquatic Club information.
Pacific Junior Olympics
Pacific Swimming’s Junior Olympics is this weekend in Walnut Creek, CA. Good luck to the following RENO athletes competing:
- Amaya Aramini
- Angelo Aramini
- Addison Crain
- Reese Hollinger
- Julia Kennedy
- Marni Kraemer
- Ella Palmer
- Aidan Pflieger
Pacific JOs is one of the top 14-under meets in our region. We are looking forward to some great performances. Swim fast and have fun!
The deadline to sign-up for the NNA meet is this Wednesday at midnight. Click here to register.
Upcoming Schedule Changes
- There will be NO practice on Saturday, March 23 for any groups.
- We will have normal practice schedule during WCSD's spring break.
A parent shared with me a post that is going around Facebook. It is a great representation of what this sport teaches our children.
“Parents of children who swim, this is so true. Remember this when they forget their goggles, lose the expensive swim suit or tear another cap.
One of my friends asked "Why do you pay so much money and spend so much time running around for your daughter to swim?" Well I have a confession to make: I don't pay for my daughter's swim lessons. Or her suits, goggles, towels, countless swim caps etc....
So, if I am not paying for swim, what am I paying for?
- I pay for those moments when my girl becomes so tired she feels like quitting but doesn’t.
- I pay for the opportunity that my girl can have and will have to make life-long friendships.
- I pay for the chance that she may have amazing instructors that will teach her that swim is not just about movement but about life.
- I pay for my child to learn to be disciplined.
- I pay for my girl to learn to take care of her body.
- I pay for my daughter to learn to work with others and to be a proud, supportive, kind and respectful team member.
- I pay for my child to learn to deal with disappointment, when she doesn't get that time she hoped for but still gets up and is determined to do her BEST next time...
- I pay for my girl to learn to make and accomplish goals.
- I pay for my daughter to learn that it takes hours and hours and hours and hours of hard work and practice to create a champion, and that success does not happen overnight.
- I pay so that my daughter can be in the pool instead of running the streets.
I could go on but, to be short, I don't pay for swim; I pay for the opportunities that swim provides my child to develop attributes that will serve her well throughout her life and give her the opportunity to bless the lives of others. From what I have seen for many, many years, I think it is a great investment!”
Each week, I will post the “Parent Education” section on the website. Click here to read the archived articles.
Here are the upcoming meets for Reno Aquatic Club:
- March 15 – 17 – Pacific 14-Under JO Meet (Qualification times needed – talk with coach to see if swimmer should attend)
- March 23 – 24 – NNA Age Group Open / Reno, NV (Swimmers who don't have another meet in March or April)
- April 4 – 7 – Far Westerns / Santa Clara, CA (all qualified)
- April 12 – 14 – Folsom Spring Splash (long course) / Folsom, CA (talk with your child’s coach)
If you have any questions or comments, please let me know. Thank you for your support.