March 11, 2019
Team Email 3-11-19
Congrats to our age group state team on
their swims this past weekend! What a great way to end the age
The Senior team still has one more meet (NCSA Junior Championships) new week in Orlando, but as the season winds down, we start looking ahead to Summer 2019!!
A few quick bullet points!
- If you are planning on
swimming this summer, please make sure to register for the
summer! You will be charged a $100 deposit that will be
applied to your total season fees. If you have any questions
regarding your individual account or summer placement or schedule -
please don’t hesitate to ask!
- CLICK HERE to be whisked away to the registration page.
- Reminder that the schedule
this week is a little different as we are offering clinics this
week at a variety of pools. This gives athletes a chance
to work at different pools with different teammates under different
coaches - which we think will be quite fun! The coaches are looking
forward to a little technique work and a little team-building each
night. These clinics are all Included in your NTA Shark
CLICK HERE for a pop up of the PDF with the schedule for this
week. It was rather impossible to get it on the group schedules
correctly on Google, so we went with the PDF.
there is one small error - the NCSA group on 3/15 is 6-715AM not PM
- CLICK HERE for a pop up of the PDF with the schedule for this week. It was rather impossible to get it on the group schedules correctly on Google, so we went with the PDF.
- We are on break from March
17-31. Some of the coaching staff will be offering lessons
and will reach out to the team as that time becomes
available. Workouts resume April 1st.
That schedule is posted as a PDF online and is in the process of
transferring over to the Google calendar.
- CLICK HERE for the April Schedule PDF. If you have more than one practice listed on a day - you get to CHOOSE which workout fits your schedule better.
- Please take the time to check out the USA Swimming Safe Sport Courses online. These are great resources for parents and athletes to help identify and protect our athletes against predatory and unsafe behavior as well as offering some tools for parents when dealing with difficult social situations like bullying. Remember it’s a totally different world from when we grew up and it’s important to help our athletes find a safe space to communicate to adults and listen for those unspoken queries for help. You may feel like it’s redundant but I truly think it’s a topic where we’re just learning all the warning signs. There are quite a few steps, unfortunately - so plan for a fair spot of time - like, say, a practice or clinic - to get it done.
- April 13th is only 33 days away!
That’s the day of the Hour of Power as well as our 3rd annual
team banquet! Both events are available for sign up on the website
(more details on both next week) and we are sitting
right off of $6,000 already!
CLICK HERE for more Hour of Power information. Remember ALL
the money raised benefits the Ted Mullin Fund to power research on
childhood cancers at the University of Chicago. It’s unlike
any other fundraiser and is looking to be a LOT of
- If you have any donations for a silent auction - we are looking to have five gift “family experience” baskets for silent auction at the Hour of Power as well as smaller prizes for our raffle. We have some great swag from TYR lined up as well as some great donations from the Blackhawks and from our team families. Contact Coach Greg with any suggestions or donations or if you’d just like to help!
If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out - we will have the office staffed 11-3p while we are break (Coach Alexis & Blake are out March 18-24 at the NCSA meet and will have access to email).