March 13, 2019
A Note from Coach Todd Saltus
to everyone who participated in this season’s Short Course Junior Olympic Age Group State Championship! UASC had 48 athletes participate, and we had 73% lifetime best performances for all swims (prelims and finals). It was a great team performance!
This meet is always a long, grind of a weekend. There are ups and downs over the course of six sessions in three days. The coaching staff was extremely proud of how our athletes maintained focus, gave consistent effort, and displayed great team spirit and support for each other throughout the weekend. Our kids really fought hard for each other and for the team, which makes me happier than any numbers and meet data ever could.
That said, it was a very impressive meet for UASC!
- We finished in fifth place as a team, with 1348 points.
- Our 11-12 boys were second in their age group with 442 points.
- Individual top 5 point scorers in their age group were Grant Kennedy (96) and Riley Hollingsworth (97).
- State Championships were won in the 50 Breastroke by Oliver Hulse and Hayden Hollingsworth.
- Individual scorers included Caden Blamer, Reid Caswell, Avery Catalano, Grant Foster, McCall Freiburger, Grant Gooding, Hayden Hollingsworth, Riley Hollingsworth, Oliver Hulse, Colin Kennedy, Grant Kennedy, Ashton Mumaw, Lizzie Oliphant, Andrew Rucker, Kyle Stephan, and Caroline Ubert.
All of our relay swimmers made huge contributions to the team success as well. Great job Everyone!
I’ve yet to see a perfect Junior Olympic meet from any team. The way this large group got through this meet, TOGETHER, is what made it a very successful one.
I hope everyone had fun, and will be able to take lessons from the experiences this type of a meet offers.
It was a tremendous team performance. Our swimmers should all be very proud. Enjoy some time off. I look forward to seeing everyone again, in a few weeks.
Great season ALL!