March 14, 2019
Sierra Nevada Leadership Camp
SASO Swimming will select two swimmers to attend the SN Leadership Camp on Saturday, April 6-Sunday, April 7. Please see info (as well as attachments) below.
Swimmers MUST submit an application to Head Coach Ricky (SASO Application) by Monday, March 18. Two swimmers will be selected to represent SASO by Thursday, March 21. Swimmers ONLY need to fill out the SASO form. The two swimmers who are selected will need to fill out forms to send to SN swimming.
*Note this camp is being held on the weekend of Far Westerns.
This is a great opportunity for swimmers in our LSC and our sport.
SN Camp Info
On Saturday, April 6 to Sunday, April 7, 2019, our LSC will host the SNS Leadership Camp. Attached to this correspondence is a flyer with details of the Camp and Forms that need to be completed by each athlete attending the camp.
Some pertinent details from the flyer to take note of include:
- Each Year Round Club Head Coach/Coaching Staff in our LSC may send up to (2) athletes between the ages of 14-17 y/o to attend the Camp
- Ben Loorz, Head Swimming Coach for the University of Nevada at Las Vegas (UNLV) will be a Guest Speaker at the Camp
- A Community Service Event coordinated with Rise Against Hunger will be a unique component of the Camp
- Camp Forms and a Check for $100 are due by Wednesday, March 27, 2019 and are to be mailed to the following address:
- Coach Justin Brosseau will serve as the Head Coach of the SNS Leadership Camp
IMPORTANT: Once you have confirmation from your selected athletes that they will attend the Camp, please send notification to either firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com so that we may begin preliminary preparations of the Camp and have a running total of participants well ahead of the Wednesday, March 27, 2019 deadline.