March 18, 2019
Coach Rich will be sending out a detailed re-cap of Zones later this week, but what an incredible 3 days to be a Stingray! Check out the Facebook page (search for FFYS Boosters) for some great photos!
Some quick highlights:
- Team finished 4th overall with 1,066 points
- Overall Girls team finished Runner Up
- 13-14 girls runner up
- 15-18 girls runner up
- Boys finished 16th
- Senior girls swept all 5 relays and broke 2 meet records in doing so
- 13-14 girls were top 3 in both relays
- 11-12 boys were top 7 in both relays
Now we move on to the last part of our season which is getting our 8 swimmers ready for YMCA Nationals April 1-5 down in Greensboro, NC. Keep the momentum going, Stingrays!
National Team Practice is Monday thru Friday at North Farmington, from 4-6pm.
A few more very quick reminders:
- Spring Tune Up starts Monday, April
8! Info can be found
here. This is a wonderful opportunity to keep your
swimmer’s gills wet between the winter season and summer
- A swimmer’s “feel” for the water goes away pretty quickly without regular practicing. Unlike other (clearly lesser) land-based sports, which benefit from the fact that we walk around on our legs every day as part of our normal activities, swimming is special because we don’t swim from place to place. A coach once told me that “swimming is hard…it’s really, really, hard. It’s like teaching a fish to walk!” He was spot on with that, so we highly recommend staying in the water through the spring and summer!
- The FFYS Awards Banquet is on Wednesday,
April 17 at Glen Oaks Country Club at 6pm.
There is NO COST for swimmers, and non-swimmers are $23 per person.
Swimmers who are 12 and under should be accompanied by an adult.
Your Booster account will be charged if you elect to attend the
event with your swimmer; there is no need to send
- Please email to confirm attendance, and include your family name, number of swimmers and non-swimmers attending, and the name and practice group of the swimmers attending.
- YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SIGN UP ONLINE, YOU MUST EMAIL BY MARCH 30th WITH THE ABOVE INFORMATION TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Questions? Please contact Dannette Mateyak at (248)897-5626 or Sian Yardley at (248)701-6987.
- PLEASE NOTE THAT TROPHIES WILL ONLY BE GIVEN TO THOSE WHO RSVP BY MARCH 30th, OR UNLESS OTHERWISE ARRANGED.
- You will not get as many emails from us through the spring and summer, but don’t worry! We’re still here to answer any swimming questions you may have! Check the website often for information about the spring, summer and fall/winter seasons!
Have a great week, Stingrays!!!