March 18, 2019
Big update news on March wrap up!
- Yes -long details!!!! and results!!! that I emailed to the paper from YMCA states and to my recollection it never made press. It's important that folks know how busy we were this month!!
- Also included is results from our Zone meet in Columbus, Ohio from this past weekend and results of placings.
Grand Traverse Bay YMCA Breakers heat up the water at MI YMCA State Championship Meet at Waterford-Mott HighSchool. Three swimmers win 13 State titles and 2 YMCA State Records were smashed. The team ended up 5th overall out of 14 YMCA teams.
- In the 9-10 girls age group Lila Glenn swept all her events with first places in the 100 yd. & 200 yd. Individual Medley, 50 yd. & 200 yd. free, 50 yd. & 100 yd. breast
- In the boys 11-12 age group Blake Rowe won 5 of his 6 events taking 1st 100 yd. & 200 yd. individual medley, 1st 50 yd back and 100 yd. back, 1st 50 yd. free, 2nd 100 yd. free.
- Blake also came away with YMCA state records in the 100 yd. backstroke with a time of 1:00.87 and the 100 Individual medley with a time of 1:03.34
- Claire Bongiorno was 1st in the 400 Individual Medley, in a State record time of 4:54.63. She was also 5th in the 200 yd. free, 3rd 200 yd. butterfly, 4th 100 yd. butterfly
6th place 200 yd freestyle Relay, Anna Glenn, Alexis Leonard, Paige Ritchie, Lila Glenn
Alexis Leonard-6th 200 yd. free, 8th 200 Individual Medley, 8th 50 yd. free
Paige Ritchie-8th 200 yd. free
200 yd. free relay
6th A-Katie Gorno, Kira Adams, Molly DeBruyn, Ella Cabbage
11th B-Amelia Ackerson, Elyse Brayton, Elizabeth Pike, Elly March
200 yd. medley relay
8th A-Elyse Brayton, Ella Cabbage, Katie Gorno, Molly DeBruyn
11th B-Kira Adams, Elizabeth Pike, Elly March, Amelia Ackerson
11-12 Girls Individual Placings
Kira Adams -16th 100 back, 11th 200 yd. free, 6th 200 back, 7th 500 yd. free
Elyse Brayton-8th 50 yd. back, 11th 100 yd. back, 16th 100 yd. butterfly, 5th 200 yd. back
Ella Cabbage-7th 200 Individual Medley, 9th 50 yd. back, 4th 200 yd. free, 16th 100 yd. Individual Medley, 11th 50 yd. breast, 2nd 500 yd. free
Molly Debruyn-13th 200 yd. free, 13th 100 yd. free,
Katie Gorno-14th 50 yd. back, 7th 50 yd. butterfly, 7th 100 yd. butterfly,
Elly March-14th 200 Individual Medley, 14th 100 yd. breast, 8th 200 yd. breast,
Elizabeth Pike 11th 200 yd. breaststroke
14 Grand Traverse Bay YMCA swimmers participate in the 2019 YMCA Great Lakes Zone Championship meet in Columbus, Ohio, March 15-17th
Lila Glenn ,in the 9-10 girls age group, scored 119 points overall. She took 1st place in the 200 yd. freestyle, 2nd in 100 yd. and 200 yd. Individual medley, 2nd in the 50 yd. breaststroke and 3rd place in the 50 yd.& 100 yd. free and the 100 yd. breaststroke.
Blake Rowe, led the boys by scoring 93 points. He placed 2nd in the 100 yd. backstroke, 4th 100 yd. butterfly, 5th in both the 200 Individual medley and 100 yd. free, 6th in the 50 yd. backstroke, 8th in the 100 yd. Individual medley, and 9th in the 50 yd. free.
In the 13-14 girls age group:
Avery Bills was 12th in the 200 yd. back, 10th in the 200 yd. free, 14th in the 100 yd. back
The girls 13-14 200 yd. medley relay of Camryn Crosby, Mally Ulatowski, Avery Bills and Erin Hagerty placed 16th and the girls 13-14 200 yd. free relay composed of Camryn Crosby, Leah Timmer, Avery Bills and Erin Hagerty ,placed 15th .
In the boys 13-14 age group, the 200 yd. medley team placed 24th, with members Logan Sheard, Ben Freundl , Isaac Hintz and Matt Drew. These same boys placed 19th in their 200 yd. freestyle relay as well.
In the 15-18 girls, Claire Bongiorno was 14th 400 Individual Medley, 10th in the 100 yd. butterfly and 9th place in the 200 yd. butterfly
In the 11-12 age group Ella Cabbage swam the 200 Individual medley, Katie Gorno swam the 100 yd. butterfly.
We also had two relays qualify that did not attend:
11-12 girls 200 med Elyse Brayton, Ella cabbage, Katie Gorno, molly DeBruyn
11-12 boys 200 med Blake Rowe, Nicholas Anderson, Derek Jensen, Reese Cummins
The girls team placed 21 out of 65 teams and the boys placed 30 out of 70 YMCA teams.
For the RELAY FUN!!! that we will do tomorrow, kids can arrive at 4:30 and we will organize relays.
We will set up in the lobby on tables and make this a very simple event but tons of fun!!
WE will be done by 7:00
NO DRYLAND FOR ANY GROUPS THIS WEEK AT ALL!!
- Next up the annual Breakers disco and banquet April 6th.please sign up!!!
- NO swim team after this Thursday throughout next week. We begin again April 1st
If you have any questions please ask.