March 20, 2019
YMCA State Newsletter
Congratulations to the 21 FCYST swimmers we had qualify and swim at the 2019 YMCA State Championship Swim Meet this past weekend: Bella Biese, Katelyn Bottchen, Ana Flanagan, Grace Flanagan, Sam Gloudeman, Alli Hemp, Hayden Hollenbeck, Ryan Judd, Kate Keehan, Gabby LeCaptain, Kaitlyn Leach, Alliyah Lima, Evie Lima, Ian Ridlehoover, Ella Romberg, Ada Schaefer, Emma Seibel, Tyler VanGompel, Kate Vanderloop, Daniel Wu and Isaac Zarda.
FCYST had 35 individual swims in the Top 8 (9 of which were Top 3), a new YMCA Nationals Cut in the Girls 200 Medley Relay and 3 Relays in the Top 8. Congrats to Ana Flanagan who was Top 8 in all her individual races. Special congrats to the Girls 200 Medley Relay team who earned a trip down to YMCA Nationals (Evie Lima, Gabby LeCaptain, Grace Flanagan and Ella Romberg). FCYST has not had a relay qualify for Y Nationals in several year. We also had several new qualifying times and new Team Records throughout the weekend!
We are proud of all our swimmers for their efforts throughout the meet and their growth all season long. They all raced hard, had fun and came together as a team. Congrats FCYST!
Perfect Meet: Kate Vanderloop
USA State Qualifying Time: Kaitlyn Leach (100 Breast)
Zones Qualifying Time: Ana Flanagan (200 IM)
New YMCA National Qualifying Time: 200 Medley Relay swam by Evie Lima, Gabby LeCaptain, Grace Flanagan and Ella Romberg.
New FCYST Team Record: Grace Flanagan (100 Fly and 200 Fly), Ian Ridlehoover (1000 Free), Ada Schaefer (1650 Free)
Top 8 Finishers:
- Bella Biese - 6th in the 50 Back.
- Ana Flanagan - 2nd in the 100 Breast, 3rd in the 50 Breast, 4th in the 200 IM, 6th in the 50 Back and 7th in the 50 Free.
- Grace Flanagan – 3rd in the 200 Fly, 4th in the 100 Fly, 5th in the 100 Back and 6th in the 200 IM.
- Hayden Hollenback – 6th in the 50 Breast.
- Kate Keehan – 2nd in the 25 Back, 2nd in the 25 Free, 7th in the 50 Free and 7th in the 25 Fly.
- Gabby LeCaptain – 7th in the 100 Breast.
- Alliyah Lima – 3rd in the 50 Fly, 3rd in 100 Fly, and 7th in the 100 Back.
- Ian Ridlehoover – 3rd in the 500 Free, 4th in the 1000 Free and 5th in the 200 Free.
- Ella Romberg – 3rd in the 200 Breast, 4th in the 200 Back, 5th in the 100 Breast and 7th in the 200 IM.
- Ada Schaefer – 2nd in the 1650 Free, 2nd in the 500 Free, 8th in the 200 Free and 8th in the 1000 Free.
- Daniel Wu – 8th in the 50 Free.
Top 8 Relays:
- 5th - Boys 8&U 100 Medley Relay (Daniel Wu, Isaac Zarda, Sam Gloudeman and Ryan Judd)
- 6th – Girls Open 200 Medley Relay (Evie Lima, Gabby LeCaptain, Grace Flanagan and Ella Romberg)
- 8th – Girls Open 400 Free Relay (Ella Romberg, Grace Flanagan, Ada Schaefer and Evie Lima)