March 23, 2019
Michigan Swimming, Inc.
Open Position Posting
Post Date: March 23, 2019
Close Date: April 12, 2019
Job Title: Meet Sanctioning Chair / Times Officer / NTV Chair
Reports To: General Chair and the Personnel Committee (through the Vice-Chair of Administration)
Job Overview: This position is responsible for LSC pre- and post-meet administrative activities. It is critical that the individual in this role operates with a focus on customer service, working for the benefit of all Michigan Swimming members while operating within rules set forth by the USA Swimming Rulebook and Michigan Swimming Rules & Procedures. This position works closely with the other members of the Michigan Swimming Office and members of the Michigan Swimming Board of Directors to advance the organization in support of the overall mission and vision.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Receive, process, and maintain record of applications for sanctioned, approved, and observed meets from Michigan Swimming member clubs and affiliated organizations.
- Conduct pre-meet recons and furnish to member clubs prior to the competition.
- Address requests for modification to existing sanctions.
- Remotely provide support to meet referees, administrative officials, and member clubs during meets.
- Process, post to the Michigan Swimming website, and upload into SWIMS submitted meet results for all sanctioned, approved, and observed meets.
- Work with the meet referee, administrative official, and meet host to resolve any issues with submitted results files.
- Maintain applications for sanctioned, approved, and observed meets for distribution to members.
- Serve as a webmaster of the Michigan Swimming website.
- Maintain communication with the Michigan Swimming membership as directed by existing policies and procedures or the Michigan Swimming Board of Directors.
- Provide routine reports to the Michigan Swimming Board of Directors.
- Attend all meetings of the Michigan Swimming Board of Directors and the annual United States Aquatic Sports Convention/USA Swimming House of Delegates meeting.
- Ability to maintain good standing as an Individual Member of Michigan Swimming and USA Swimming, including passing all background checks and education requirements.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Hytek’s Meet Manager and Team Manager, and TeamUnify.
- Evidenced knowledge of Michigan Swimming’s Rules & Procedures and USA Swimming’s Rulebook.
- Demonstrated customer-focused service philosophy.
Application Procedure: Submit (1) your resumé/CV, (2) one reference [with e-mail address and phone number], and (3) a short personal statement to email@example.com no later than April 12, 2019. Selected candidates will be invited to interview with Michigan Swimming shortly thereafter.
Michigan Swimming reserves the right to modify this job posting at any time, for any reason, without notice. Compensation commensurate with experience, qualifications, and budget. This job posting should not be considered comprehensive of all responsibilities of this position as would be outlined in an employment or independent contractor agreement; final terms subject to negotiation and agreement. Michigan Swimming is an equal opportunity employer.