April 4, 2019
GCSTO Swimmers Perform At Sectionals
The SPEEDO Sectionals was held from March 28-31 at IUPUI in Indianapolis. This was a very fast meet and was held LCM so that athletes could begin to make 2020 Olympic Trial cuts. It took a Futures cut to make it back, even for the D final, in most events at night. The top 16 pretty much needed a JNat cut and the top 3 were almost always Olympic Trial cuts (there were around 51 Trial cuts made by swimmers from around the region at the meet). Even with a young squad, GCSTO had swims that made it back for finals (Nate Gaver in the 50 free, 100 Free and 100 Breast and Eli Stoll in the 200 Back).
Here's some of the highlights:
- 18 lifetime best times out of 26 individual events (including relay lead-offs). Everyone swimming an individual event got at least one lifetime best time!
- NEW 15-16 Boys LC 50 Free record: Nate Gaver (24.53)
- NEW 15-16 Boys LC 200 Medley Relay record: Eli Stoll, Nate Gaver, Hayden Yeager, Landon Mace (1:52.95)
- NEW 15-16 Boys LC 400 Medley Relay record: Eli Stoll, Nate Gaver, Hayden Yeager, Landon Mace (4:11.24)
- NEW 15-16 Boys LC 400 Free Relay record: Cade Helms, Eli Stoll, Nate Gaver, Hayden Yeager (3:45.60)
Congrats to all of our swimmers performing at the meet that weekend. We're proud of you!!!