April 6, 2019
GCY's McKenzie Campbell finishes 5th in the USA on Final Day of YMCA Nationals!
GCY's McKenzie Campbell closed out the final day of YMCA Nationals with a top 5 performance in the country in the 200 Butterfly, breaking her own team record and finishing her short course career with a best time and best finish on her final short course swim!
GCY broke 9 new team records in the meet, including 6 by McKenzie Campbell (200 Fly, 100 Fly, 400 IM, both OPEN and 15-18), 1 by Dax Harris (400 IM 13-14's), 1 by Craig Herndon (50 Free 15-18's), and another by the Women's 15-18's 800 Free Relay of Peyton Wilson, Caroline Cross, Omega Pinnix, and McKenzie Campbell!
Huge meet for the Makos and BIG SHOUT OUT to all the PARENTS for getting the kids to and from school, back/forth to the meet, that was undoubtedly a busy work week for all!
We are counting a total of 14 NEW BEST TIMES between prelims/finals/time trials/lead-off splits, not bad for a meet at the end of a long season:
- Omega Pinnix - 50 Backstroke 27.11
- McKenzie Campbell - 200 Fly - 2:00.63, 400 IM - 4:18.84, 100 Fly - 54.93
- Ethan Womble - 100 Back - 53.11, 100 Free - 47.60
- Peyton Wilson - 200 IM - 2:13.35, 200 Fly - 2:15.31
- Noah Rock - 100 Back - 57.98
- Katie Fritz - 200 IM - 2:19.83, 100 Fly - 1:01.57, 100 Free - 54.13
- Dax Harris - 400 IM - 4:16.90, 200 Fly - 1:59.01
And finally a BIG SHOUT OUT to the 4 Seniors in their final short course meet:
- Alexandra White
- Craig Herndon
- Eric Muire
- McKenzie Campbell
GREAT YNATS everyone, here's several pictures from the meet below (some flipped wrong way couldn't fix) and the total 16 swimmers that represented us this year!
2019 YMCA National Championship Team:
Qualified but did not compete: Robert Tars, Caroline Cox