April 10, 2019
Carmel Spring Fling
– May 3rd – 5th
- Sign up is now open. Sign swimmers up here . The deadline is Monday, April 15th.
- Carmel Spring Fling Meet Letter
- Recommended for all swimmers EXCEPT new swimmers in Evolution or Foundation
- Meet is held at Carmel High School
- While you are signing up for the meet, be sure to get your Profile started for our annual Swim-a-Thon
- This year we will return to a pool-only Swim-a-Thon with a mixture of laps and fun!
- Mark your calendars for Saturday, April 27th
- We have lots of fun incentives and prizes lined up:
1. Through May 11, for every $100 raised, swimmers will get a raffle ticket to enter in their choice of drawings:
a. Apple Airpods
b. Kings Island 4 pack with parking
c. Nintendo Switch
d. Portable JBL Speaker
2. Through April 25th, for every $50 raised, swimmers will get 5 balls to throw to dunk a coach on day of SwimaThon
3. Squad with the highest percentage of participation in fundraising will get to vote on something for coaches to do (race against the winning squad, kiss a pig, etc)
4. Squad that raises the most money will get a pizza party
5. If club as a whole can reach a participation rate of 70%, we will have a special surprise to be announced soon
· Here is a step-by-step guide to setting up your online fundraising page in Team Unify:
1. Please make sure you are logged into TeamUnify through zionsvilleswimclub.org in order to see the "Set Up" tab for your swimmer(s).
2. This process does not seem to work using a smartphone - you will need to login using a tablet or a computer.
3. Click on the Swim-a-thon banner at the top
4. Search for your participant(s)
5. Customize your swimmer’s profile
a. Click on the “Set up” tab
b. Choose a goal amount ($100 is a great goal and gets your swimmer a raffle ticket for one of our four exciting prizes)
6. Use the message template provided or have swimmer write a personal letter (this message will be what your contacts will see when they open your swimmer’s profile to donate)
7. Click the “Promote” tab
a. Enter the email addresses and/or social media contacts for people who may want to support your swimmer’s fundraising effort (you can manually add or import contacts)
8. Once you have entered your contacts, go to the “Invite List” tab
a. Select your contacts and click “Email Selected”
b. Fill in your name or your swimmer’s name, your email address and the subject line
c. Create your email message to your contacts. You can choose from the list of templates that USA Swimming has provided by selecting from the drop-down menu in “Pick Template” or you can create your own message in the body of the email box. If you choose to write or copy and paste your own message, be sure to include the link back to your swimmer’s page and to erase the standard message that is already in the box that starts with “This text editor……”
d. When you are ready to send your messages, click the green “Email Now” button at the bottom left of the page.
And your online fundraising campaign has begun!