April 11, 2019
2019 Short Course Far Westerns Meet Review
2019 Post Season Recap
The 2018 – 2019 Short Course Season came to an end last weekend at the 2019 Far Western Championships in Santa Clara. It was a good meet for the 7 swimmers from TTST attending.
- Callie broke the 50 & 100 Backstroke 11 – 12 Team Records again going :29.93 & 1:04.36.
- Caitlin broke the Girls 200 Fly Open TTST Record going a 2:05.10 in finals to make her first USA Futures Time Standard! Caitlin also broke the 100 Fly TTST 15 – 16 Record going a :57.61.
- Sam broke the Boys Open TTST 200 Fly Record going a 2:03.36
- Kaikea broke the Boys Open TTST 200 I.M. Record going a 1:51.92
Emma, Claire, and Alyssa all had some seasonal or personal best times during the meet as well. It was a small but mighty squad over the 4 days of competition!
Thank you to the Kissinger family for coaching and organizing during the meet!
Swimmer of the meet goes to Caitlin Smith
2018 – 2019 SCY Season is now complete. We had over 60 member swimmers race USA meets during the season. Congratulations to all the seasonal time leaders & congratulation to all the swimmers that had their first-time swim meets! The best link to see season results and archived results is by becoming a member at Sierra Nevada Swim Connection.
38 Open & Age Group TTST Records were broken this season:
Although there may be some more records broken at the High School Regional and State Meet that will change the record board the season is officially finished for TTST club. Here are the stats this season:
11 TTST Team Swimmers have set new Team Records this season as individuals or part of relays!
- Kaikea Crews
- Sydney Elwell
- Kensi Elwell
- Caitlin Smith
- Calissa Kissinger
- Asher Kates
- Emma Purdy
- Alyssa Hynes
- Claire Rumzie
- Riley Madigan
- Samuel DeRuse
We have a record 7 National Team Swimmers with USA Sectional Times or better:
- Kaikea Crews (USA Winter Nationals)
- Sydney Elwell: USA Futures
- Caitlin Smith: USA Futures
- Sam Deruse: USA Sectionals
- Emma Purdy: USA Sectionals
- Claire Rumzie: USA Sectionals
- Kensi Elwell: USA Sectionals
There were 10 swim meets on the calendar for the 2018 – 2019 SCY season. Swimmer of the season goes to Calissa Kissinger. She had multiple team records and best time improvements through this season. Congratulations Calli!
April Swimmer of the meet:
- Far Western Championships: Caitlin Smith
March Swimmers of the meet:
- SWAGR: Sydney Elwell
- 2018 Sierra Nevada 14 Under Champs
- 13 – 14 Girls: Sydney Elwell
- 13 – 14 Boys: Asher Kates
- 11 – 12 Girls: Calissa Kissinger
- 11 – 12 Boys: Kaleb Query
- 10 & Under Girls: Brynn Hanley
- 10 & Under Boys: John Lanza, and Peyton Egide
- 8 & Under Boy: Walker Egide
February Swimmers of the meet:
- Santa Cruz Senior Open: Kensi Elwell
- Minden Meet: Calissa Kissinger
January Swimmers of the meet:
- Blizard Blast: Adriana Deluna
- WA Open: Kaikea Crews
December Swimmers of the Meet:
- Matt Costa: John Lanza, Cody Natali, Calissa Kissinger
- No Meet due to Smoke
- King of The Hill: Calissa Kissinger, Asher Kates
- Beat the Freeze: Asher Kates
Thank you to our TTST Board, Parents, Coaches: Jenn, Jenah, Chris, Meitri, and Mike, and our TTST Officials: Marie, Dan, Jay, Rob, Fred, Paula, and Sandy. We couldn’t do it without all the support!