April 13, 2019
LOSC swimmers at Westerns are continuing their great job racing their best and competing!
Meet Highlights of the Day:
- Sevi Parr made it to the Consolation Final in the Women's 13-15 yrs 400 Freestyle with a 0.56s best time. She was seeded 10th going in to the Consolation Final, but finished 6th, and got a 4.43s best time!
- Hugh McNeill won the SILVER medal in the Men's 14-16 yrs 400 Freestyle. He placed 9th in the prelims, but raced hard at night and got a 7.19s best time!
- Adam Schmidt made it to the Consolation Final in the Men's 14-16 yrs 400 Freestyle. He got a 2.27s best time in prelims and placed 9th in finals.
- Bailey Herbert won the BRONZE medal in the Women's 16 yrs and Over 100 Butterfly, clocking 0.87s better than her prelims time.
- Bailey Herbert won GOLD in the Women's 16 yrs and Over 50 Breaststroke with a 0.47s best time! Bailey also broke a 10 year old club record formerly held by Chelsey Salli in 2009!
- Hugh McNeeill won the BRONZE in the Men's 14-16 yrs 200 Backstroke with a 2.37s improved time from prelims.
Other Results from the Day:
- 400 Freestyle - Mia Goretic - 29th place
- 400 Freestyle - Luke Stewart-Beinder - 29th place - 3.47s BT!
- Women's 13 and Over 400 Medley Relay - 29th
Sunday Prelims Heat Sheet: https://www.swimming.ca/content/uploads/2016/06/2019-Westerns-Session-7-Heat-Sheets.pdf
Good Luck on the last day tomorrow and continue to SWIM FAST!!