April 14, 2019
Aloha Aulea members,
Great job to those who participated at the Kaneohe A+ LC meet this past weekend.
Coming up next is the first of 3 LC invitationals in Manoa. Aulea will be participating on Saturday, April 27th at the Mamizuka Invitational, there will be no coaches attending Sunday. All qualified swimmers should sign up. As a reminder, in order to swim at invitationals, swimmers must have at least one AA time. Swimmers may swim all their AA events and up to two "bonus swims".
Here are some announcements fo the week:
1) We will be running the same dryland schedule this week (Gold ending at 7:00 on Thursdays). Silver/Bronze will contiunue to run from 5:30-6:45 on M/W.
2) Morning practices will be T/TH (5:45-7:00) and Sat (7:00-9:00) at Le Jardin Academy for all senior group members as well as Advanced Juniors.
3) There will be no practice on Friday, April 19th in observance of Good Friday.
4) Best of luck to Aulea team members who will be following a longstanding Aulea tradition of crossing the Au'Au channel. This year, Senior Elite members Skylar Webb and Ethan Ravelo have taken on the responsibility of organizing the swim. We hope that everyone out there enjoys the experience and accomplishment of crossing a channel!
5) Summer swim school will be open for sign-ups starting tomorrow for returning members and on Wednesday for new members. Please spread the word to anyone you know that may be interested in beginning their competitive swimming journey.
I wanted to share an article about Pereserverance in swimming: https://swimswam.com/swim-mom-can-perseverance-and-grit-be-taught/
This is a key skill for all of our swimmers to learn as the journey is NEVER EASY. LIke most things in life, any thing worth acheiving is probably very difficult. Hopefully this article can give some good insight to parents of swimmers about what it takes to push through as a competitive swimmer.
Happy streamlines and Gooooo Aulea!