Background-image
March Board Meeting Minutes

MCSC BOARD MEETING MINUTES

Tuesday, March 19th, 2019

The meeting was called to order at 6:07 by president, Nathan Hehr.  Nathan Hehr, Jon Buseman, Jeremy DeBattista, Amy Halverson, Matt Murray, and Brian Stroup were present.

Reports

Report from NIS/Coaching Update – Ally said she will help coach this summer.  Miranda should be available two days each week.  Nathan will contact Amy Davison to check on her interest in coaching.

Treasurers Report – No Report

Secretary Report – Jon made a motion to approve the minutes with a second from Brian.

Try Us Out Camp Update – Matt and Jeremy will be there to coach.  Lisa will help Monday with Aspen being the helper.  Amy and Brian will check to see if Taylor and Aiden would like to help during the week.  Registration will begin at 5:30.

Swimming Safe Sport – Jon spoke with ISI. 
They are currently rewriting the Safe Sport Handbook.  We will post the policies on our website and review them each year.  Once the handbook is rewritten, we can send out an email with it included.  We will maybe create a Safe Sport tab on our website. 

Spring Practice – We need to try to secure the YMCA for practice May 13-24th.  We can begin using the outdoor pool on May 28th hopefully.

Pool Access – Jeremy will try his keys to the outdoor pool to see if they still work.  Matt now has keys to John Adams. 

Summer Practice and Home Meet – Nathan will talk to Eric about how to go about getting times and dates arranged.

Swim-a-Thon – $2,054 was raised.  We still need to get an email blast out for recognition.  Nathan will follow up with Sara to get the information.    

ISI Bid Meeting – Matt will teleconference for this meeting.  Lisa turned the bid in for our meet. 

ISI House of Delegates – It was discussed about whether or not we should have someone attend.    

Summer Meet – Nathan will invite Eric to our next board meeting, so we can get the planning rolling.   

Banquet/Pool Party/Campout – We will have the banquet at the end of the summer.    

Summer Fundraisers – Our next Culver’s fundraising day will be June 18th.  The rummage sale didn’t gain any ground.  It might be more trouble than it’s worth.  We will discuss it again.      

New Pool Update – No new information

Next Board Meeting – The next meeting will be held on April 17th at 6:00 PM at John Adams.

The meeting was adjourned at 7:27.

Respectfully Submitted, 

Amy Halverson