April 29, 2019
Communication via text is critical to our team's ability to stay in contact with our members, especially due to weather related changes to the schedule. To add a cell number (SMS) to your account after Registration, follow the steps below:
- Sign In to your account on our website (use the same email and password used for Registration).
- If you see an Email Address Verification pop up, click the x in its upper right.
- In the side menu
click My Account > My
- To add an SMS number for one of the athletes in the account, click the Members tab and then click their name; otherwise stay on the current screen.
- Enter an SMS
cell number and select its Carrier.
- Click Save in the upper right and it will send that number a verification text.
- Check your cell phone
for a "Verify your SMS" text from notifications+alias,
where alias is your team's alias, and open it. Note that
some cell carriers can take awhile to deliver the message.
- Tap the link and you
should see one of three possible messages.
- "Success! We have validated your pri﻿mary SMS." (or "secondary SMS" if that's what you were verifying) The SMS number is verified and ready to receive texts from the team. You may skip the rest of the steps.
- "Sorry, your primary SMS has already been validated." Sometimes just opening the text will verify the number, resulting in this message. The SMS number is verified and ready to receive texts from the team. You may skip the rest of the steps.
- "Sorry, the code XXXX did not match any codes." Continue to the next step.
- If tapping the link doesn't work, note the four digit code number in the text message.
- Back in your team's
SwimOffice website, click the Unverified button
above the SMS number.
- If you got the error in step 8c on your mobile device, click Resend Verification and go back to step 6.
- Enter the four digit code from your text message in the Verification Code field and click Verify.
- You will see
Verified in green above the SMS number. You may need to
refresh the screen to see this.