Shrimp Parade, Tshirts, and other Updates!
May 1, 2019
The Shrimp Fest parade is TOMORROW! Team T-shirts for registered swimmers should be at practice tonight and at the parade staging area tomorrow. Please stop by and pick up your swimmer's shirt.
- The parade is tomorrow, Thursday, May 2nd. Be at Central Park by 5:30 pm. Parade starts at 6 pm rain or shine.
- We are #61 (NOTE THE NUMBER CHANGE TO 61).
- All parents, siblings and swimmers are invited to participate in the parade with us! All participating need to wear team T-shirts (either new or past) or team colors (royal blue, lime green, or white). We encourage girls to wear grass skirts (over shorts) and boys to wear board shorts with their team T-shirts.
- PLEASE come help us decorate our float TONIGHT during practice times. Bring music and/or tiki hut props!
- WE NEED CANDY! Please donate candy. NO CHOCOLATE.
- Please bring a bag, bucket or basket to carry candy if you are walking in the parade.
- Elementary school children (and younger) MUST have a parent or guardian accompany them in the parade. Only middle school and high school kids can be "dropped off" and allowed to walk by themselves. Strollers and wagons are highly encouraged. And feel free to decorate them!
- NEW PARADE RULE (or an old rule we weren't aware of) - only children ages 12 and up can hand out candy. Younger children can carry the bag, wave, blow bubbles... etc...
- If you are dropping off your middle schooler or high-schooler, please claim them ASAP once we return to the staging area. We love your kids but please don't make coaches and other parents wait with your child to be picked up once we are finished with the parade.
- NO THROWING CANDY!! This is a major parade rule and will get us disqualified from future parades. Candy must be handed out along the parade route.
There will be no practice the night of the Shrimp Festival Parade, Thursday May 2nd. Please come join us at the parade and show your Stingray pride! GO STINGRAYS!!!!