April 30, 2019
WESTERN ZONE CHAMPIONSHIP MEETS - Both Meets are open for officials' evaluation and mentoring
As you know the Western Zone sponsors two Championship Meets every summer -
The WESTERN ZONE also has a funding program for officials who work all but one session of these meets!
- The Western Zone is the only Zone that has an Officials funding aspect to the Meets.
The purpose for having an officials funding portion to these meets is to:
- promote quality officiating throughout the Zone,
- reach out to the LSC Officials Chairs to identify officials who are ready to advance, and
- have those officials work assigned positions at these meets.
Each of these meets will be an OQM (Officials Qualifying Meet) and evaluations for all positions are possible.
There will also be a mentoring aspect with these meets - more experienced officials working with newer officials to large meets.
Both of these meets offer a great chance to experience and work larger meets, in a learning mentoring environment, where experiences can be take back to the locals LSCs.
Criteria for funding:
- Be an official in good standing from an LSC in the Western Zone
- Can't be funded from another source
- Attend and work 80% of the sessions in the meet (can miss only one session)
- Must participate in the mentoring program, which will be a part of each meet
Here are the meets and the links for applications:
WESTERN ZONE SR. CHAMPIONSHIP MEET - July 30 - Aug 3 Clovis California - Meet referee Mary Jo Swalley
WESTERN ZONE AGE GROUP CHAMPIONSHIPS - Aug. 7 - Aug. 10 Gresham Oregon - Meet Referee Mike Dilli