May 6, 2019
Details about our Swim-A-Thon this week are all below ý please donate TODAY to make our NAAC experience even better for our swimmers!!
Donations to our Swim-A-Thon are open NOW through this coming Sunday, May 12th!ý We have an adjusted practice schedule this week for the actual Swim-A-Thon practices, as noted on our Team Calendar and Swim-A-Thon practices per group noted below.ý Again - please note that many group practices are changed and/or combined during the Swim-A-Thon week to allow for the longer than usual Swim-A-Thon practices ý please look at our Homepage Team Calendar for full weekly practice times!!
Wed May 1stýý ýýýýýýýýýýý Swim-A-Thon Donations Open
- Mon May 6thýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýý Ripple Swim-A-Thon ýýýýýýýýýý 5:30-6:15pm
Tsunami Swim-A-Thon ýýýýýýý 6:30-8:15pm
- Tues May 7thýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýý Cyclone Swim-A-Thonýýýýýýýý 5:30-8:00pm
- Wed May 8thýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýý Hurricane Swim-A-Thonýýýýý 5:00-7:00pm
ýýýýý Typhoon Swim-A-Thon ýýýýýýý 7:00-9:15pm
- Thursday May 9thýýýýýýýý Wave Swim-A-Thonýýýýýýýýýýýý 6:00-7:30pm
- Friday May 10thýýýýýýýýýýý Breaker Swim-A-Thonýýýýýýýý 6:00-7:00pm
- Saturday May 11thýýýýýýý Elite Swim-A-Thonýýýýýýýýýýýýýý 7:30-11:00am
Sunday May 12thýýýýýý Swim-A-Thon Donations Close
We are utilizing a Swim-A-Thon as our fundraiser in order to keep our swimmers on track to bettering themselves through a very challenging group practice, tied to our fundraising equipment goal which will further increase their abilities to improve themselves.ý A Swim-A-Thon allows for swimmer involvement in recruiting donations as well as providing the opportunity to challenge their current abilities in the water at a high-volume, longer than usual practice for their groupýs Swim-A-Thon practice.
We are hosting a Swim-A-Thon to raise funds to make our Team and all of the swimmers on our Team BETTER, with up-to-date equipment purchases, more streamlined practice transitions, and better overall use of available group practice times.ý All of the items below are linked to examples, and we have a $20k goal.
- Swim Practice ý Improve the NAAC in-water experience, skill sets and conditioning by purchasing new kick boards, pull buoys (jr & adult), backstroke start wedges, pull cords, drag sox, and Power Towers.ý Also new on deck equipment bins for fins, pull-buoys, etc.
- Video Review ý Improve stroke skills & technique better via video review by purchasing & installing a large, Bluetooth connected all-weather wall-mounted TV monitor that can easily serve individuals or an entire group.ý Coaches record swimmers via team tablet or their phones, throw to the monitor for video review, analysis & correction.
- Dryland Practice ý Improve our swimmers durability & athleticism with pool-deck dryland equipment purchases & installations of pull-up bars, gymnastic rings, a variety of med balls, and durable, padded flooring ý all to be added at the start end & office corner of the pool.
Donating is easy!ý There is a walk-through to get online donation requests out to all of your family, friends and neighbor contacts with a simple email request.ý You can also collect donations offline (check or cash) and simply turn in to your Lead Coach by this coming Sunday, May 12th, and we will credit your donations toward your Family Account. ýThere is a Current Donation amount graphic & donation button near the top of our Homepage in order to keep track of our Team progress toward our $20k goal, as well as another donation button on the lower left-hand column of our webpage.
Specific donation amounts are noted via level as well as the ability for anyone to donate any amount online.ý Some examples of what our different donation amounts will help towardsý
- Maroonýýýýýýýýýýý $25ýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýý Pull Buoys, Kick Boards, Swim Sox
- Bronzeýýýýýýýýýýýý $50ýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýý Pull Cords, Hand Paddles, Med Balls
- Silverýýýýýýýýýýýýýý $100ýýýýýýýýýýýýýýý Backstroke Start Ledges, Rings
- Goldýýýýýýýýýýýýýýý $200ýýýýýýýýýýýýýýý Equipment Bins (for Fins, Pull Buoys), Flooring sections, Pull-Up Bars
- Platinum*ýýýýýýý $500 & overýýý Wall-mounted Monitor, Power Tower
* Any Team Family or Individual acquiring donations at the Platinum Level and above will be noted on a placard to be placed at the pool (unless they would prefer to remain anonymous)!
Please help us reach our goal NOW through May 12th to improve your swimmerýs NAAC experience!!