May 10, 2019
Cincinnati Marlins SPRING Pepsi Invite
Keating Pool : 616 W. North Bend Rd., Cincinnati, OH 45224
May 17-19, 2019
SCHEDULE: TBA times will be announced by Wednesday before the meet on www.cincy-marlins.com.
- FRIDAY Psych Sheet Link> https://www.teamunify.com/oscm/__eventform__/1133082_34538780-7e6c-4799-953c-0b3e0da7b2c6.pdf
WARM UP SCHEDULE FOR SPY SWIIMERS:
Friday> Coach John
- Be ready to get in Pool by 4:55Pm
- Pool>5:00-5:30pm in Lane 8 with DCST, WAC, MLAC
SATURDAY MORNING>Coach John
- Be on deck and Stretching at 7:20AM
- Pool>7:30-8:00AM in Lane 3 with DR
SATURDAY AFTERNOON>Coach John
- Be on Deck and Stretching at 12:20pm
- Pool>12:30-12:55pm in Lane 8 with OSSC
SUNDAY MORNING>Either Coach Morgan or Coach Jen
- Be on Deck and Stretching at 6:50am
- Pool> 7:00-7:30AM in Lane 1 with CM
SUNDAY AFTERNOON>Either Coach Morgan or Coach Jen
- Be on Deck and Stretching at 12:20pm
- Pool>12:30-12:55pm in Lane 8 with MAKO
- Friday evening sessions and all morning Sessions will swim 7 lanes with lane 8 reserved for warm up/down. •
- Saturday afternoon, and Sunday afternoon sessions will swim 8 lanes, with breaks scheduled. •
- 13&Over events: Age Groups 13-14 and 15 & Over compete together but are scored and awarded separately
POSITIVE CHECK-IN EVENTS & PROCEDURES: The following Events are deck seeded, swimming fast to slow, & require Positive Check-in at Clerk of Course:
- FRIDAY: All Events – IF LIMITED (see Meet Notes on Wednesday before the meet for the update); SATURDAY: 13&Over 400IM, 11-12 400 Free
- • Check-in opens 15 minutes before Session warm up and closes 50 minutes before the session start time unless otherwise noted on the Order of Events. Swimmers not checked in will not be seeded.
- • These events MAY be limited according to limits noted on the Order of Events unless the timeline will allow more heats. This determination will be made upon review of the timeline and final limit will be announced when the psych sheet is posted, no later than Wednesday before the meet and communicated thru the Meet Notes.
- o Entry fees for a swimmer seeded within the revised, final limit and not checked in are forfeited. o Entry fees will be refunded for any swimmer not given the opportunity to swim AND seeded higher than the final limit (attendance is not required).
- o Any swimmer wishing to know if they have made the cut-off may check the Meet Notes published on the Marlins web site @ www.cincy-marlins.com on the Wednesday before the meet or determine eligibility on arrival.
- • Positive Check-In Penalty applies: Swimmers who do NOT appear for their races after checking in will forfeit their next event even if it is the next day; or if this was his/her last swim, his/her club will be fined $25.
SCORING & AWARDS: By Event. 13&Over Events will be scored & awarded as multi-age 13-14, 15&Over.
Scores: Top 7 Individual places in each event. 8,6,5,4,3,2,1.
Awards: Ribbons – First thru Seventh. No Team Awards will be given
FINAL RESULTS: • Results will be posted on Live Results link (found on CM Meet Page) & Meet Mobile (technology permitting).
GENERAL ADMISSION CHARGE: Adults - $5.00/day. Children under 10 – Free,
Heat Sheets - $3.00
SAFETY & SAFE SPORT REQUIREMENTS: ● Ohio Safety guidelines will be enforced in the conduct of the meet as well as warm ups. General Warm-up procedures require swimmers to enter the pool feet first in a cautious manner, with one hand on the deck as required by Ohio Swimming. ● Any swimmer entered in the meet must be certified by a USA Swimming member-coach as being proficient in performing a racing start or must start each race from within the water without the use of the backstroke ledge. When unaccompanied by a member-coach, it is the responsibility of the swimmer or the swimmer’s legal guardian to ensure compliance with this requirement. ● First Aid is available in the Meet Office. ● In compliance with USA Swimming Rules and Regulations, the use of audio or visual recording, including a cell phone, is not permitted in the changing areas, rest rooms or locker rooms. ● Under no circumstances are cameras or any other recording device allowed in the area immediately behind the starting blocks at either end of the racing course(s) while they are in use for race starts during the competition and warm-up. Please refer to the Safe Sport section of the Ohio Swimming, Inc. policies and procedures for further information regarding the use of visual recording devices. ● Deck changes are PROHIBITED. ● It is understood and agreed that USA Swimming shall be free from any liabilities or claims for damages arising by reason of injuries to anyone during the conduct of the event. ● Unless approved in writing in advance of the competition by the Vice President of Program Operations, operation of a drone, or any other flying apparatus, is prohibited over the venue (pools, athlete/coach areas, spectator areas and open ceiling locker rooms) any time athletes, coaches, officials and/or spectators are present.
FACILITY: Keating Natatorium is an 8 lane x 50 meter indoor pool with a removable bulkhead in place to make two 25 yard competition pools. The competition course has been certified in accordance with 104.2.2C(4). The copy of such certification is on file with USA Swimming. Water depth is 6ft. from the balcony (South) end of the pool to 4ft. in depth at the Scoreboard (North) end of the pool. • Seating is limited and will be conducted on a first come first serve basis. Seat saving techniques such as towels, bags, etc are not allowed. • PLEASE no flash photography as this interferes with the swimmers start off the strobe starting system. • No coolers or glass containers are permitted in the natatorium. • Swimmers bags are not permitted in the spectator seating. • No towels, bags or personal belongings may be left in the natatorium between sessions. • For your safety and the safety of others exit aisles and exit ways have been marked and must remain clear at all times. • The gym MAY be available for swimmers and parents to utilize chairs, bags, and coolers. We will post availability in Meet Notes before the meet. Thank you for your cooperation!
DIRECTIONS: 616 W. North Bend Rd. Cincinnati, OH 45224. From I-75 take Exit 9 and go north on Paddock Rd. (Rt. 4 ) to North Bend Rd. (The first left turn after crossing under the railroad trestle). Turn left and follow North Bend Rd. to the top of the hill (about 1-1/2 miles). St. Xavier High School is on the right and Keating Natatorium is behind the school