May 15, 2019
USA Swimming has updated their Safe Sport policies to help protect minor athletes and prevent any situation where they may be at risk for abuse. You can see the full article and policy here.
Hightlighted below are the most applicable policies that impact majority of our team but I encourage everyone to read the full policy.
- One on One
- Must be observable
- ie. Private Lessons - parent/gaurdian must be present
- ie. Goal Meeting - must be an open environment with another adult in site.
- Must be observable and interruptable.
Communication and Social Media
- Communication from a coach to a minor athlete must include parent/gaurdian (text or phone calls should be grouped in with additional adult)
- Communication must take place before 8:00pm unless there is an emergency situation.