May 15, 2019
Long course season really flies by fast. Many of us are doing our best to just finish up the school year strong then summer comes and all the championship meets come quick. Stay strong as we finish up the school year!
I’m just going to go into the quick hits because we have some big changes on the horizon.
HOME DUAL MEET
- Our home dual meet with THSC was changed from June 15-16 to June 29-30. If you had signed up for it already double check your entry and think about whether or not you can make it on the different weekend.
- Likewise we’ll need parents help to make this dual happen. This will be one of the last BIG opportunities to knock out service hours. A big help would be someone heading up a small concessions stand for the dual meet. It doesn’t need to be big. The dual will go Saturday afternoon into evening and Sunday morning. You can sign-up for different service jobs here.
- Since our dual was moved to another weekend we are able to add another Summerblast meet to our schedule, Summerblast 4 on June 15th.
- This Saturday afternoon is our first Summerblast and we’re really looking forward to the racing! If you are going, OCST needs to provide an announcer for this meet and some officials. Email me if you think you can do announce or officiate. Announcers say the event, heat and hand it off to the referee.
- June 1stwe need to provide meet marshalls for warm-ups.
- June 8tha meet runner.
- The Swim-A-Thon is still going. Funds towards prizes can be generated by the end of the month. At this point we are at $28,000 almost ¾ of the way to our goal.
- We had some great questions and input at the last board meeting regarding the possible unique cooperation of two to three clubs. Keep bringing your thoughts and questions and we are going to work on putting down how this impacts everyone and specifics on how decisions will be made.
Let me know if you have any thoughts or questions!