May 18, 2019
TECHNICAL DIRECTOR, AQUATIC SPORTS GRENADA
The Grenada Amateur Swimming Association (GASA) plans to engage a Technical Director (TD) to lead the national swimming program in Grenada. The TD is expected to oversee all aspects of GASA’s swim program; which includes but not limited to pool; competitive swimming programs, school swimming programmes, open water swimming; community swimming programs and the development of other aquatic sports not done currently in Grenada (Water Polo, artistic swimming etc). The TD will also be directly responsible for the coaching and training program for the Grenada National Swim Team. The TD must seek to develop the skills and talents of swimmers while promoting teamwork, sportsmanship and encouraging personal development and excellence.
To develop and guide a comprehensive aquatic program that produces the highest attainable levels of excellence in individual and team performance, while fostering a positive environment that fulfils GASA’s goals in accordance with the Strategic Plan.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPPERIENCE:
1. Strong leadership abilities.
2. Excellent communication skills, including fluency in written and spoken english
3. A high degree of organization.
4. Enthusiastic and positive attitude in upholding the philosophy of GASA.
5. Minimum FINA Level 3 certification or its equivalent.
6. A minimum of 5 years of competitive swimming coaching experience with evidence of driving competitive performance and mental preparedness of competitors.
7. Evidence of astuteness on swim technique development coaching including certification and prior experience with the execution and development of swim technique – development and execution of Stroke and Turn Clinics will be an asset.
• To provide strategic leadership on and development of, aquatic sports in Grenada which includes, guidance and where necessary coaching assistance to local clubs and schools.
• Development and training of the Grenada National Team, including dry land work, , mental skills development and any other as required to support the progressive development and performance of the team. This includes progress reports and scheduling meeting with the swimmers’ club coaches to discuss development.
• Support and lead a junior competitive swim development program in conjunction with GASA.
• Work closely with GASA on the execution of the GASA Strategic Plan and other programs that may emerge from time to time.
• Develop and implement a progressive swim curriculum that also includes healthy lifestyles, and swimmer development.
• Development of an Open Water swim program
• Responsible for the Administrative duties of the Swimming Association including meet preparation and administration of use of the pool.
• Prepare and execute clinics for swimmers and coaches as and when required.
• Develop program to introduce other aquatic sports not currently done in Grenada.
The Assignment will be for an initial period of one year, subject to renewal on satisfactory performance.
Based on qualification and experience
To apply please send cover letter and resume, including 2 references to email@example.com by June 15, 2019.