May 22, 2019
FLIGHT PLAN 5/22/2019
As the school year is coming to a close for our swimmers, we look forward to a short but busy summer at the JETS. We have a lot of exciting events/meets coming up, so please make sure you get registered, now! We WILL be hosting practice on Saturday, May 25th over Memorial Day weekend – we will NOT have practice on Monday, May 27th due to the Memorial Day Holiday.
Upcoming Dates to Know:
- 26 May 2019 – Last day to register for the FAST 50’s Meet @ Avery on June 2nd.
- 27 May 2019 – NO PRACTICE, MEMORIAL DAY (we will have regular Saturday practice on Sat, May 25th)
- 29 May 2019 – NAVY SEAL CHALLENGE @ Galowich – 5:00-7:00 pm. WE WILL NOT HAVE REGULAR PRACTICE AT ANY LOCATION THIS DAY TO ENCOURAGE MAXIMUM PARTICIPATION AND TO HAVE ENOUGH COACHES TO RUN THE EVENT.
- 30 May 2019 – Celebration of Illinois Swimming Athletes @ Sox’s Park. First pitch is 7 pm. – WE WILL HAVE REGULAR PRACTICE AT ALL LOCATIONS.
- 2 Jun 2019 – JETS Fast 50’s Meet @ Avery; Warmup 7:00 am; Start 8:00 am
- 4 Jun 2019 – Last day to register for the Palatine PD (PPD) outdoor 50m meet!
- 9 Jun 2019 – Last day to register for the FVFY Tri Meet @ Fox Valley Family Y, Plano, IL on June 22nd.
- 10 Jun 2019 – First day of Summer Schedule!
- 15-16 Jun 2019 – TOPS Father’s Day Meet
- 22 Jun 2019 – FVFY Tri Meet
- 29-30 Jun 2019 – JETS SUMMER CLASSIC @ Lake Central High School, St John, IN
- 4 Jul 2019 – NO PRACTICE – INDEPENDENCE DAY!
- 5-7 Jul 2019 – PPD Meet
- 11-14 Jul 2019 – IL Senior State @ RecPlex, Pleasant Prairie, WI
- 19 Jul 2019 – Last day of the season for all non-championship team swimmers!
- 19-21 Jul 2019 – Y STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS, Lake Central HS, St John, IN
- 23-28 Jul 2019 – IL Age Group State @ Lake Central HS, St John, IN
- 1-4 Aug 2019 – Central Zones
- 30 Jul-3 Aug 2019 – Y LC NATIONALS @ College Park, MD
I just ordered the new summer JETS t-shirt for all our swimmers. We will be distributing them as soon as they arrive!
If you have not signed up to volunteer for the Fast 50’s Meet on June 2nd, please do so. Filling volunteer slots early allows our Parents Counsel the opportunity to plan for that day.
The season fundraiser will end on June 15th! The fundraiser this year is an Entertainment Book App which I think you will all like! Use the following link to access the information about this season’s fundraiser and requirements: https://www.teamunify.com/iljyjst/__doc__/Fundraising%20Instructions.pdf
All sponsorships must be turned in June 15th!
“But what if I don’t like fundraisers?”
I present to you the opportunity to bring corporate or individual sponsorship to the team in lieu of fundraising. Use the following link to access our Sponsorship Brochure: https://www.teamunify.com/iljyjst/__doc__/JETS%20Sponsorship%20Book%202.25.19.pdf
“What if I don’t want to do ANY fundraising or sponsorship?”
- Join the JETS Parent Advisory Council (JPAC)
- Become a Swimming Official – I can put you I contact with one of our Official representatives.
- If you do not participate in fundraising, Sponsorship, JPAC, or Officiating, you will be billed $100 for one swimmer and $200 for 2+ swimmers to makeup those fundraising costs. We will bill you for that on July 1, 2019.
As a reminder, we will switch to our Summer Schedule on June 10th once all swimmers are out of school.