May 28, 2019
Hello Amazing Reno Aquatic Club Parents!
I am sending this email as your parent volunteer coordinator. As you know, Reno Aquatic Club depends on parent volunteers to make the club successful and we really need every single one of you! As we approach the end of the school year and the beginning of the busy summer season, I wanted to send out a reminder of the Parent Volunteer Program Annual Requirements by group. Although many of our families have far exceeded their requirement already (which we very much appreciate!), I wanted to make sure that everyone was aware of the requirements while we still had plenty of time for folks to get involved before the August 31 deadline. This policy is in place to encourage our families to get involved with the team and truly become a part of the Reno Aquatic Club family. Here is the current policy:
Parent Volunteer Program Annual Requirements (September 1 to August 31 of following year)
- Mini Reno: 2 Hours for the year, Sept - Aug 31 ($20 fee for each hour not met by Aug 31, 11: 59 PM)
- Blue/Orange: 10 Hours for the year, Sept - Aug 31 ($20 fee for each hour not met by Aug 31, 11:59 PM)
- Pre-Senior: 20 Hours for the year, Sept - Aug 31 ($20 fee for each hour not met by Aug 31, 11:59 PM)
- Senior Group: 30 Hours for the year, Sept - Aug 31 ($20 fee for each hour not met by Aug 31, 11:59 PM)
- National Group: 40 Hours for the year, Sept - Aug 31 ($20 fee for each hour not met by Aug 31, 11:59 PM)
- Families need to have met hour requirement for oldest child in the highest group, it is not cumulative.
If you are not sure of how many hours you have completed so far, here is how you check the status of your parent volunteer hours:
- Log into your account using your email login and password
- Click “ MY ACCOUNT “ from the list on the left side of the HOME Page
- Click “$MY INVOICE/PAYMENT” from the drop down menu
- Click “SERVICE HOURS” from the tab
- All of the volunteer service hours will be automatically credited to your account after an event has been completed. If for any reason volunteer hours are not showing in your account, please contact the Parent Volunteer Program Administrator, Teri Galvin (firstname.lastname@example.org).
There are a number of events coming up in the next few months that will offer you plenty of opportunities to complete your parent volunteer hours and there truly is something for everyone. Here are some that are currently listed on the website:
- Reno Aces Team Social
- Team-Hosted Reno Gamble Volunteer Sign-Up (We need everyone to help for our biggest fundraiser of the year!!!)
- Reno Gamble Snack Bar Donations (Every donation you make equals service hours).
- There will be additional opportunities posted for summer meets as the summer progresses.
Even if you have completed all of your required service hours, please consider coming out and helping at the Reno Gamble this summer…this is one of our team’s biggest fundraisers and we need everyone to jump in and help and there truly is a job for everyone.
So many of us started our journey with the Reno Aquatic Club by simply volunteering for a few hours at our team meet and it has changed our lives! My time spent volunteering for the team has truly been some of my most cherished memories and I have made the most amazing friends along the way! Please take the time to get involved where you can...
If you have any questions at all about our Parent Volunteer hours, your status, or just how you can help, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at email@example.com or (775) 848-9487.
See You at the Pool!