June 2, 2019
The application for the 2018-2019 USA Swimming Scholastic All America (SAA) Team will be available online at the USA Swimming website (https://www.usaswimming.org/saaapp) from June 1, 2019 to August 15, 2019.
A few things to keep in mind:
- The only method for application will be the online application on the USA Swimming website.
- Applicants will be required to have a USA Swimming account.
- Qualifying pool times for the applicant will be validated through Times on the USA Swimming website (time MUST be in SWIMS).
- Applicant will be required to have a TRANSCRIPT for the COMPLETE academic year available for uploading to the application.
- Applicant must have been a member at the time of the swim and a current member when applying for the 2018-19 SAA Team.
- Applicants must have all application documents completed by August 15, 2019. Late applications will NOT be accepted or considered.
- Grade completion requirement – applicant must have completed 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th grade
- GPA Requirement – minimum 3.5 GPA for the current academic year
- A=4, B=3, C=2. If numerical grades are used, the following scale will be used unless the school’s letter grade conversion is given on the transcript: A=90-100; B=80-89; C=70-79
- Honors, Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, and dual credit college level academic courses will earn one half (.5) extra Grade Point. Grades for academic subjects only are calculated – history/social studies, English, mathematics, sciences, foreign languages, computer sciences, visual and performing arts if indicated as an academic subject. A grade lower than a C in an academic subject will mean automatic rejection of the applicant. Grades for non-academic courses will NOT be calculated - art, band, choir, orchestra, home economics, health, driver education, physical education, shop, and any other class marked non-academic on a transcript.
- There will be no special status designation for a 4.0 GPA other than for a national champion who also has a 4.0 GPA.
- Pool Requirements
- Applicants must have swum an individual pool time equal to a 2018 Winter Juniorqualifying time in any individual event during the SAA qualifying period (August 16, 2018 – August 15, 2019) with qualifying times in SWIMS – list of times are posted on the USA Swimming website. A qualifying time will be available for selection from the SWIMS database during the application process. Only ONE time is necessary and only ONE application is necessary.
- Disability or Open Water Requirements (for athletes without pool requirements)