June 5, 2019
Congratulations to the following athletes for being selected to Fort Collins Area Swim Team's Athlete Leadership Council:
The ALC will consist of a select number of male and female athletes in all swimming groups (Nova, Fireball,
Hammerhead, Tigershark, Discovery, Ascend, Challenge, High School, Senior, and Arete) that will be designated
as team leaders for one year (one long course and one short course swim seasons). During their one-year council
membership, these athletes will serve as representatives and ambassadors for their respective groups in the club
and Fort Collins community.
The ALC members will have the following roles and responsibilities:
1. Serve as team leaders/captains in and out of the pool with honesty and integrity
2. Welcome new swimmers into their group, encouraging them and serving as mentors as they develop in
swimming skills and character development.
3. Serve as a representative and spokesperson for athlete issues or concerns that may be presented to
coaches and/or the Board of Directors. ALC members can attend and present at Board meetings as non-voting
members as needed or requested by coaches or the Board.
4. Serve as a representative and ambassador for FAST and the sport of swimming in the community. ALC
members are expected to organize a minimum of two community service events during their term, with
assistance from the Board, coaches, and parents.
5. Continue to develop personal character traits and serve as positive examples who encourage world class
character at practice, swim meets, school, and in the community.