June 9, 2019
Gator Newsletter - Week 3
Congratulations to all of the Gators who swam at our placement practices last week! We are so proud! Everyone showed tremendous team sportsmanship and gave each race their best. This is the first time we've tried this format and it was a big success.
The A/B Teams have been selected and are attached to this email. Please know that we made these team decisions based on practice performance, results from last week, and past meet results. We did our very best to put swimmers on the appropriate teams.
It is now time to sign your Gator up for meets and to sign up to volunteer at meets. Here are the guidelines.
- If you have an A swimmer, please only sign up for A meets, and if you have a B swimmer, only sign up for B meets.
- Each Gator is allowed to sign up for FIVE dual meets. Two of these meets must be away meets - and one of the away meets must be further than Lisle or Wheaton.
- Every Gator family is required to volunteer for at least two meets.
- The deadline to sign up for dual meets is this Wednesday, June 12th at midnight - except for this week's meets against Hinsdale. The deadline to sign up for either Hinsdale meet is TOMORROW AT NOON.
- If your Gator would like to be considered to compete in the A or B team Championship Conference Meets at the end of the season, they must swim a minimum of 3 dual meets. More information about the A and B Championship Conference meets can be found by clicking this link https://www.teamunify.com/SubTabGeneric.jsp?_stabid_=198906&team=recilgeg.
How to sign your Gator up for meets:
- Log into your account on www.gegators.com (if you haven't received login instructions from me, please email me asap - firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Click your meet of choice. Remember - if you have an A Team swimmer, only sign up for A meets...and vice versa.
- Click the pink box that says "edit commitment"
- Click your Gator's name
- Under "declaration" scroll to "Yes, please sign up for this event" and click
- Click SAVE CHANGES at the bottom of the screen.
- Make sure your Gator name is now shown as "committed" to this meet
How to sign up to volunteer at a meet...
- Go to the event home page and click "Job Signup" - blue box at the top of the page.
- Find the empty job slot shown as "---------".
- Click on the checkbox in front of the empty job that you want to sign up for.
- Click "Signup" button to sign up for the slot you selected.
- Stay tuned for an email from our Volunteer Coordinator Carla Olsen for more details about volunteering at meets. If you have questions about volunteering, please email her email@example.com.
UPCOMING EVENTS and DEADLINES
STROKE CLINICS - Our first stroke clinic session begins tomorrow, June 10th. As many of you know, Stroke Clinics are a great way for Gators to learn more about specific swimming techniques in a smaller group environment. Space is limited (25 Gators per class max), so sign up soon if you are interested. /recilgeg/UserFiles/Image/QuickUpload/gators-stroke-clinic-2019-2-_098356.pdf
PRIVATE LESSONS - The Gator Coaches are available for private lessons. One-on-one help is extremely beneficial to improve swimming technique and endurance. If interested, please text them.
- Coach Jane (630) 414-7155
- Coach Kate Kissane (630) 715-8122
- Coach Sydney (630) 729-4940
- Coach Grace (630) 842-0918
Thank you for all of your patience these past couple of weeks as we launched our 2019 Gator Season! Please email me if you have any questions.