June 14, 2019
- Grade completion requirement – applicant must have completed 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th grade
- GPA Requirement – minimum 3.5 GPA for the
current academic year
- A=4, B=3, C=2. If numerical grades are used, the following scale will be used unless the school’s letter grade conversion is given on the transcript: A=90-100; B=80-89; C=70-79
- Honors, Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, and dual credit college level academic courses will earn one half (.5) extra Grade Point. Grades for academic subjects only are calculated – history/social studies, English, mathematics, sciences, foreign languages, computer sciences, visual and performing arts if indicated as an academic subject. A grade lower than a C in an academic subject will mean automatic rejection of the applicant. Grades for non-academic courses will NOT be calculated - art, band, choir, orchestra, home economics, health, driver education, physical education, shop, and any other class marked non-academic on a transcript.
- There will be no special status designation for a 4.0 GPA other than for a national champion who also has a 4.0 GPA.
- Pool Requirements
- Applicants must have swum an individual pool time equal to a 2018 Winter Junior qualifying time in any individual event during the SAA qualifying period (August 16, 2018 – August 15, 2019) with qualifying times in SWIMS – list of times are posted on the USA Swimming website. A qualifying time will be available for selection from the SWIMS database during the application process. Only ONE time is necessary and only ONE application is necessary.
- Disability or Open Water Requirements (for athletes without
2018 U.S. Para National Championships – December 14-16, 2018, Tucson, AZ
2019 World Para Series – April 4-6, 2019, Indianapolis, IN
2019 Can Am Para Swimming Championships – July 12-14, 2019, Vancouver, BC 2019 World Para Championships - July 29 - August 4, 2019, Kuching, Malaysia
2019 Open Water National Championships - May 3-5, 2019, Miami, FL