June 16, 2019
This past week we had some awesome swims! I am incredibly impressed at how we're able to swim through: (i) minimal practice for most swimmers, (ii) weather elements, and (iii) the pain! To say the least, we have had a very good first week against Little Falls (B-Meet) on Wednesday and then against Rock Creek (A-Meet) yesterday.
One request before heading into the fun details, please make sure that your swimmer(s) come to see me after their races at either B- or A-Meets. It is vital that I talk with them immediately after so that I can chat about their swims!
Some highlights to mention from yesterday's A-Meet:
- Swimmers of
the Meet goes to the boy and girl swimmer who
has: tremendous performance(s), big time drops and awesome
charisma for being a SO Dolphin. The following two swimmers
- Dylan Reilly
- Natalie Williams
- Joey Edick (8&U) - 25 Breast
- Miles Haraldson (13-14) - 100 IM, 50 Back, 50 Fly
- Peter Kumar (11-12) - 50 Free
- Dylan Reilly (8&U) - 25 Back, 25 Breast, 25 Fly
- Samantha Smith (15-18) - 100 Free, 100 Back, 100 IM, 50 Fly
- Delia Vanderzon (15-18) - 50 Fly
- Jessie Williams (9-10) - 50 Free
This coming week (actually starting TODAY) we are having our SPIRIT WEEK! This entire week at practices AND the HOME swim meets (A- and B-Meets) we will work on team spirit, team bonding and team leadership led by our Spirit Captain, Delia Vanderzon, and some of our Junior Coaches!
- Today is the JustTRyanIt triathalon at Landon School in Bethesda for some of our 9-14 swimmers!
- Friday is our Dessert Contest!
- Saturday after our A-Meet is our Parent Swim-off!
- Sunday is our 1K Open
Water Swim at the Inaugural SharkFest at National Harbor for ages 9
and up (https://raceroster.com/
events/2019/21759/2019-) PARENTS are welcome to participate too! washington-dc-sharkfest-swim
- Some parents and yours truly (me) are already registered to swim the 1Km (0.6miles or ~800-900meters)!
- Please sign up your swimmers ASAP and let me know if you do!
- We need people to cheer for us, come watch and cheer!
Attached are the results for BOTH B- and A-Meets. Overall, Week 1 was a huge success and Week 2 will be even better, perhaps more SPIRITED!!!!!!! Let's continue to train hard and swim fast!
Happy Father's Day,