June 16, 2019
Dear GMA Families,
Congratulations to our recent grade school and high school graduates and THANK YOU to our great fathers on this Father's Day! We are excited to begin the GMA summer long course schedule TOMORROW, Monday 6/17/19. Here is a reminder about our daily schedule:
- GMA Prep Group: 7:30-8:00 AM Monday-Thursday
- GMA State Group: 7:00-8:00 AM Monday-Friday (dryland first most days)
- GMA Regional Group: 7:00-8:30 AM Monday-Friday (dryland first most days)
- GMA Age Group: 7:00-9:00 AM Monday-Friday and 8-10 AM on Saturday (dryland first most days)
- GMA Senior, Sectional, National Groups: 6:00-9:00 AM on Monday, 7:00-10:00 AM Tuesday-Friday and 8:00-11:00 AM on Saturday (dryland last most days)
We do ask that all athletes and families do their best to arrive at practice early and be ready to BEGIN practice right on time each day! Time in the water and time in dryland training is vital for our athletes to achieve their short and long term goals in swimming. The sports specific time in the water is important for our athletes to work to improve their stroke technique, their swimming conditioning and their race skills. The cross-training time during dryland is important for overall movement development, general conditioning and team development. We look forward to helping all of our GMA athletes improve their technique, training, commitment, development and personal excellence throughout the summer months!
Here are some additional notes about the GMA summer long course training:
- In general, Katie will be coaching on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Lizzy will be coaching on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Casey will be helping on days that he is available. Laura will be coaching on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Tuesday afternoons. Jim and Elizabeth will be coaching on Mondays.
- Wednesday practices are DRYLAND ONLY days due to the Saint Michael's College pool cleaning. We do ask that all GMA swimmers be prepared for dryland and swimming every day and that we all remain flexible in meeting the demands of the college programs each week.
- GMA Senior, Sectional and National Group athletes will have a double workout on Tuesdays from 3:30-5:00 PM and may arrange for a second double workout on Thursdays by making an appointment with Laura.
Please be aware of the following PRACTICE CANCELLATIONS due to upcoming meets:
- Saturday, June 22nd - NO SATURDAY PRACTICES for ALL GROUPS
- Monday, June 24th - NO MONDAY PRACTICES for ALL GROUPS
- Monday, July 9th - NO MONDAY PRACTICES for ALL GROUPS
We are looking forward to continuing our efforts together toward our GMA TEAM GOALS for the season. We are starting to sharpen our focus on the New England, Futures and Zone championship meets in July and August. We hope EVERY GMA long course athlete gets to race at their GOAL championship meet of the season and we are excited to build the foundation of our GMA team spirit this summer!!
We'll see you at the pool soon!
Laura Matuszak, GMA Head Coach